Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a Princess.

So today's sermon was awesome. I highly suggest if for everyone! You can listen here at WEC's website or you can download it on iTunes. I don't think I've ever heard a more applicable message for me as a parent. It spoke to me on so many levels. Have a listen and let me know what you think! Oh, its not just for parents. Its a great sermon for singles, especially single ladies. But, the beginning of the talk focuses on 1 John 3:1a. It says:
1How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called
children of God! And that is what we are!

Therefore, if we are children of the King we are princesses and princes because that's what you call the children of a king.

Tonight I had to go to Stu and Tab's house to do some planning for an upcoming shower. Half way through, I found a tiara on the floor under the table where we were sitting. It had probably been left there by Emma or Taylor at some point over the past week. My hair was annoying me so I put it on like a headband to keep the hair out of my face. I thought nothing else of the tiara sitting on my head. Until few minutes later when Stu walked into the room and this is the conversation that ensued.... And if you know Stu, I'm sure you can picture this in your head...

Stu: TOOONI, WHY do you have a crown on your head? (in that teasing/joking tone he's famous for)

Me: Well, I found it. And, I'm a princess.

Stu: Laughing....

Mom: Laughing...

Dad: Laughing...

Stu: I'm glad that you are applying what you are learning in church. (more laughing)

So, don't forget ladies, YOU are a princess.

2 comments:

Rob said...

It was a home run talk. Stu did a great job!!!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I LOL'ed when I saw your profile picture. We have that exact picture of my son and my hubby at the Atlanta zoo. Anyway...thanks for stopping by my blog and taking time to comment.