Monday, March 2, 2009

A Familiar Sound...

...But one I haven't heard in forever...

Laying in bed in the wee hours of the morning, I hear this grinding noise...far off. We aren't far from the interstate. We don't hear a lot unless its loud and then its drag racing around midnight on Friday and Saturday (yuck), truckers breaking and this morning... a snow plow. Its been a few years since I've heard the oh so familiar noise of a snow plow. It made me excited! That meant we finally had enough snow to actually plow! In Maine, it meant MORE snow. It was never a great feeling, especially on March 2nd, to hear a plow in Maine. It meant more snow added to the already gigantic mounds of snow. I truly wish I had pictures on this computer of what it looked like there in the snow. I don't think us Virginians can even comprehend it...snow piles as tall as the roof of your house! But this morning, the snow plow was welcomed!

Here are some pictures of Anna outside playing... she's still out with Jack, having a blast. Fortunately, I can't shake the feeling that snow boots are a necessity... and her ski pants were bought on clearance last year because Anna had hoped to find some snow on a trip to Maine...where oddly enough it was gone before the end of March... a rarity there! So, enjoy the snow... Be greatful its enough to play in but not enough to have to shovel... And that we finally have a little winter beauty.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

That's a neat way to show pictures!