Friday, March 13, 2009

Fancy Nancy

Meet Nancy, who believes that more is ALWAYS better when it comes to being fancy. From the top of her tiara down to her sparkly studded shoes, Nancy is determined to teach her family a thing or two about being fancy.




Today was Dress Like A Book Character day at school. Anna and I tried and tried to come up with a creative costume for the day. Last year, she was Cindy Lou Who. Her teacher told me she had one of the most creative costumes. So I wanted to top that!



Anna and I worked HARD on her costume. I bought her a white t-shirt that we could "fancy" up. We glittered everything we could. We added jewels. We hot glued flowers to an old skirt. I got her Hot Sticks so she could have curly hair. I used craft wire on a headband with some glittery flower foam stickers. Anna had to wear a turtle neck because its pretty cold today and she's wearing all kinds of jewelry. She helped me glue everything and did a lot of the general sparkly aspects of her outfit.
At school, they go on a parade. Everyone gets to pick a book to walk on the book parade to show others books they like.

That boy in front of her picked a book about George Washington. Anna said he should've picked a book about Barrack Obama instead. I had to explain that George Washington was a great President and any one could pretend to be him.


This is my favorite costume besides Anna's. Its Max from Where the Wild Things Are. He has a bushy tail and was also carrying a monster like the one from the book! I loved it! It's one of my favorite books so I was glad to see it.

Even the teachers get into it! This teacher is dressed as the mouse from If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. CUTE! 2 teachers were dressed as Fancy Nancy. There was a Thing 1 and a Thing 2. Her aide from last year was dressed as Arthur.


1 comment:

BetnyNonnie said...

Oh for heaven's sake... Fancy Nancy is my absolute favorite! I adore that kid. Eden is going to love school for these types of events! So much fun! I need to show these pictures to her! I think Anna made a perfect Fancy Nancy! I love it! I absolutely love it!