Sorry that there's no Totally TV Thursday but last week was a blur! As I wrote earlier, I was sick all week. I didn't feel great until Friday and at that point I was pretty busy throwing a huge shower with my mom, sister and family friend, Michelle. Yes, plenty of tv was watched as all I did on MANY days was lay on the couch but other than Jorge and Jasmine going home on American Idol, I don't remember much about my tv lineup from last week.
But, as I said, I threw a shower for a friend. Carlyn is a dear friend of mine. We became friends while in Community Group a few years ago. She helped me get the job when I worked for David at Greg Garrett Realty.com. That meant that we worked together (sort of) as we were in the same office building. Carlyn is selfless. If you know her, you know that's true. She's been an amazing support to me when Reed is gone and is always there to help! Then Carlyn met Jamey at church one Sunday. He emailed her later that week. Jamey has been a family friend of ours for as long as I can remember. Our moms grew up together. Carlyn and Jamey became friends. I think she even mentioned hooking him up with her sister when she got back from the mission field. So, they were friends for awhile. Carlyn and I would leave work and meet him at Colangelo's for some gellato. Then, Carlyn's life circumstances changed. She and Jamey eventually started dating and I think everyone could see that they are perfect for each other. Jamey has been a huge support to her as she's had to deal with some pretty tough things. I knew they would be perfect together. So, it was an honor to throw her a shower with my mom, sister and Michelle. And, because it was for Carlyn and Jamey, we wanted it to be extra special. Here are some pictures from the shower. I don't have any with people in them because I was pretty busy once the shower started. It was, I think one of the prettiest my mom and sister have ever done.
I made all those rose buds...some of them twice! Reed had left Jack out one Sunday while we went to church and Jack got the bag off of a table and chewed through it! I had to remake all but 9! BAD DOG! But, really, he should have been in his crate so I couldn't be too mad at him. For hors d'œuvres, we served shrimp cocktail and a club cracker with parmesan wrapped in bacon. YUMMO! Lunch was a trio of salads: chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, a spinach and mandarin orange salad served in a hollowed out piece of baguette bread and a tropical fruit salad. I also made all the desserts in the glass dishes. I had been to PF Changs in January and saw them there in shot glasses. I thought they would be something different for my mom and sister to do at a shower so I started pricing shot glasses... Do you know how expensive shot glasses are? We ended up using votive holders left over from my wedding. Thank goodness mom doesn't throw that kind of stuff out! I used 36 of them for the mousse and raspberry cheesecake. Then I did 12 of the cherry jello parfaits. I was a dessert making machine! It was so pretty though. Then there was a sparkling grape juice toast, hence the glasses with a strawberry cut to fit on the rim of the glass.
It was a beautiful shower. I think we out did ourselves! This one will be hard to top.

3 comments:
Monica loved the shower. She said that Tab and Karen did an amazing job! In fact she said they should start their own business.
Missing Totally TV Thursday. Bring it back this week.
AAWWWW crap crying again...the shower was totally amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love YA
It was very nice! And those desserts all tasted divine! It was a good time! Thanks for all your hard work, Toni!
Post a Comment