Monday, March 30, 2009

Life.

Here's just a few things going on with us:

-I spent the evening with my mom and dad on Saturday. I finished a dress for Anna and a skirt...although the skirt still needs a little work. I have to add a ruffle at the bottom because the size 7 pattern was WAY too small.

-I've been bored at home! I'm hoping to do some crafting for Easter this week. I haven't been bored until now.

-Reed has been super busy at work. We haven't been connecting. He's just not home. We watched Fireproof the other night (great concept, BAD acting). Then today, I got an email from him. All it said was that he wanted to tell me he loved me. I think the movie helped both of us see that its the small things that add up to big things. That goes for both bad and good ways in which you treat each other.

-It looks like we will be moving next January. I have been hopeful that Anna and I wouldn't have to move. There were rumors of a deployment and the ship is behind schedule. I hoped that on top of being late and us staying here for the deployment, that would put us in San Diego for less than a year. We had agreed that we wouldn't move Anna for less than a year. But, Reed's orders will change. I still may come home for the deployment but that isn't until 2011. Reed will be off the ship in 2012. I'm hoping I don't have to go back there when he comes home. It will depend on the length of the deployment. But, as of right now, it looks like we will move in Jan. 2010 and then he'll deploy in Feb. 2011. I'll put our stuff in storage and head home. He'll probably be back in Nov. 2011 and then he leaves the ship in Jan. 2012. The only thing that will change our plans at this point is a PROMOTION to chief. Be praying for this!!! Reed is board eligible for chief, which means he's passed the test which is the first step towards becoming a chief. He's going to start working on his package to submit it to the selection board. The selection board goes over all test scores, evaluations, community service and much more to determine who should make chief. If he makes chief, we will find out in August. Making chief is a big deal. It is the promotion every career enlisted sailor strives to make. Last year, only 12 sailors made it Navy wide in Reed's field. It doesn't look good but I believe in the power of prayer. This would likely mean a change in his orders and a chance to stay on the East coast. I don't mind the move. I just don't want to be SOOO far from home, ya know?

-Anna has been BAD lately. She's been on restriction for 2 weeks now and has another week to go. I like restriction. We spend more time together when the TV and video games don't interfere. We've done a puzzle together and she's been riding her scooter around the house.

-We're getting Busch Gardens seasons passes. Who wants to go with?

-I have NO idea what to do over Spring Break with Anna. I hope we can go to the Lake for a few days and that Reed can take some leave. I'd like to go to Farmville and DC but we'll see.

-A friend of mine is teaching a crochet class here at my house next Saturday. I'm super excited about this! I also want to learn to knit. But, for now, we'll start with this. I hope to make baby blankets for friends and some throws for us. Doesn't that sound like fun?

2 comments:

Peapod Four said...

If you have a Jo-Ann's nearby, they have several fun dress fabrics that already have that stretchy bunched up stitching done at the top. You buy it by the inch and all you have to do is hem it and sew it up the back. I'm putting buttons on the upper part of Brenna's but you could do a zipper (I can't) or even make it fit well enough to just slip over the head. To add straps you can either buy extra material or take some off the bottom before you hem it.

Haven't seen Fireproof (on our netflix list), but that was my opinion of Facing the Giants too. I thought Flywheel was better. Still, I'm glad they've been so popular.

Teeny Marie said...

I am looking forward to the crochet class. I hope it goes well.