We had a great weekend. Anna spent lots of time outside jumping on the trampoline. On Saturday, she stayed out till 9pm! WOW. So on Sunday evening, when she started complaining of her throat hurting, I thought it was just allergies and gave her some Sudafed and sent her to bed. At 2 am, she woke up complaining more of her throat. I took her temperature and it was 100.5. I officially had a sick kid. I gave her some ibuprofen and sent her back to bed. Meanwhile, I stayed up long enough to check back in on her after the medicine took affect. I wanted to make sure her fever was going down. She was sweating so I figured her fever was breaking. I then had to wake up again at 6:30 to try to get her into the dr. We woke for the day at 8. We got to the doc's office early and by that time, her temp was at 103! The quick strep test came back positive right away. So, that meant we were homebound for Monday and Tuesday.
Then Monday afternoon, I started having ear pain. As the day pasted, I noticed I could feel my tonsils when I swallowed. The funny thing about that is that I had them removed when I was 7. I knew they had grown back. I found out a couple of years ago that they had. The pain in my ear and tonsils started to get worse. I made an appointment yesterday afternoon to be seen today thinking I'd have strep just like Anna. Apparently, I have tonsilitis. So, now I'm out of commission for the next day or two. The ear pain is caused because there is a bubble of fluid that can't drain because of infection in my tonsils. YAY me! I get to deal with this ALL over again. Thank goodness for some good old penicillin!
No comments:
Post a Comment