Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of First Grade

We've done the first day two other times. Its such a confusing mix of emotions that day. I'm so proud of her, excited to get back to normal and sad at the same time. I'm proud because she truly is an amazing kid. She's smart, funny and pretty well behaved. I'm excited to get back to normal because I really love the routine we have while she's in school. Summer is sort of "anything goes" when it comes to schedules, routines and activities. And I'm sad because every step towards independence and responsibility means that she's growing up fast--TOO FAST!

I just want to slow this all down. It seems like just yesterday I took her to the bus stop to go to First Step two years ago. I cried when I got back from the bus stop that day. Yesterday was no different. I teared up when we pulled into the parking lot and told Anna that it made me a little sad to take her to school. She said "Moooom! I have to grow up!" Um, NO you don't. Or at least I wish you didn't. And it scares me to think about how fast the past 7 years past. According to her, she's always going to live close to us. She wants to buy the house next door to our house so she will always be close.









1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Such a big girl! Anna has changed recently, hasn't she?