Monday, September 15, 2008

Ramblings...

I'm well! YAY! I'm still a little stuffy but I haven't had cold sweats in over 24 hours and am far less stuffy than I was. I actually stayed awake all day yesterday which was a huge feet for me. We took today off from church because I was supposed to teach and I really just felt like I was still too sick to be around 5 and 6 year olds. In the meantime, Reed has installed a fan in Anna's room. Everytime we take on a project in this house, we end up wondering what the builders were thinking when they did it however they did it. For instance, all of our lights are about a foot from the walls in the bedroom. We have no overhead lights in the livingroom or den. Reed encountered quite a few problems with Anna's fan. We're going to put a fan in our room next. I can't wait!

Even though I was sick, I did make it out of the house yesterday BY MYSELF! It was heaven and I think exactly what I needed. I hit Big Lots but just looked. Its one of those places I have to check for scrapbook goods every once in awhile. I didn't get anything though. I then went to Michael's where I didn't even look at scrapbooking stuff! I got a few supplies for a flower arrangement for the dining room. I came home and worked on it while Reed finished up the fan. I think its cute! Pictures will follow! I also went to Home Depot to price flooring. The next project is our den floors so that we can get our new-to-us entertainment center from Tab's house. We want to either tile OR put laminate down in the den, hall and kitchen. We've priced it everywhere now so I think we're ready to make that next leap. We'll probably have to get Reed to take off work to get the den done though. FYI, the cheapest place I've found at the moment is HOME DEPOT- tile $.68 a sqft and laminate $.99 a sqft. The tile will take longer, I think but its so much cheaper because those price quotes are for JUST the tile or laminate planks.

I'm dying to take a road trip though! It would be easier if gas were cheaper. We'll see if we can get out of town soon. I would love to go to Farmville for the day and just hang out and take pictures of Anna. I would love to find an apple orchard like the one I would go to in Maine. It rocks! If anyone knows of an orchard where you can pick your own in VA, let me know! I miss our orchard in Maine so very much! It was so cute! We always went apple picking there and hit their pumpkin stash too. They had a shop where you could buy baked goods, ice cream and a nice little lunch too. Maybe that's what Reed and I should do when we retire? haha! Yeah right! I can so see us "farming" even if it is just apple trees.

And the last thing that I want to update you all on is that I'm going to try to start substitute teaching. Teaching, for those of you who don't know, was HORRIBLE for me. But, I'm a different person now and at a different place in my life. I've been wondering for awhile now if I should go back into the classroom. I'm tired of those questions so I'm going to try to put them to rest by getting into a classroom on an occasional basis. I haven't mentioned anything before now because I wanted to talk to Dave, my boss, first. We've agreed to me subbing 2 days a week which works for both of us. It will give me a little extra cash when its slow and I can work some Saturdays if I need to catch up on work stuff. IF I enjoy it, I'll look into getting recertified to teach again. I want to do a variety of classrooms so that I can get a better idea about what my ideal age to teach is. So we'll see. It could be a very big year for me and I'm excited about it! I'm going to submit my application one day this week. I may also sub in York County just so I can compare county vs. city schools. I'm excited BUT also a little scared because I haven't done this type of thing in almost 10 years.

No comments: