Who's excited? I know many parents are not so excited about summer but I love being with Anna so much that being with her this summer will be a ton of fun for both of us. I'm hoping to babysit some kids this summer...I'm waiting to hear from my friend, Robin, to find out if she would like me to watch her kids. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to be looking for some other kids to watch. We need a little extra money so that we can do some fun stuff! In addition to VBS at 2 churches (Liberty and Bethel for now) and all the other stuff I have planned, I think we'll have a great summer. I need a bit of a routine so for now, this is our "plan" for the summer:
Monday: Library and Crafts day
Tuesday: Free movie day
Wednesday: Busch Gardens
Thursday: Museum Day
Friday: Fun Day (swimming, bowling, Parks, Blue Bird Gap Farm, etc)
I also have planned for Anna (and any kids I babysit) to spend an hour a day on "school work" which will include some reading, some writing and some math. It will mostly be independant work, stuff she's already learned. That way, she'll be ready for 2nd grade. It sounds like fun, huh? Do you see why I'm excited?
2 comments:
I can't wait for summer to get here. I love having everyone home too. Since I work Saturdays, I sometimes feel like I never see Brenna. Our summer is filling up fast - it always does. But I plan to do a little school work too. I want to get Brenna back to where she was before kindergarten messed her up. :)
We'd love to join you on some of those fun days!
Post a Comment