A GREAT day!!!! A few days ago, my brother in law and pastor called and asked if I wanted to go to Ikea for a church shopping trip. UM... YES! I love Ikea and don't get to go often enough. Its 2.5 hours away so there's just not enough time to get there and back in a day unless I go on a weekend. When we lived in Maine, we would drive by at least 1 Ikea on the way home so we would always stop there for a few hours. We taught Anna to wave her hands in the air and say "AHHHHHHH" as we would pull into the big blue store with the yellow letters. I was ALL over an Ikea trip! So I arranged care for Anna after school. This morning, Beth, Connie, Claire, Karen and I left the church office to head up I95 in 2 vans. When we got there, we broke up into 2 teams and found all that we need from there to outfit our WeeWorld classrooms and KidKraze room and a few other spaces. It was so exciting! If I wasn't excited about the new building before today, I am now! I can't wait to see it all put together and in our very own space! Karen Smith is amazing and our church is blessed to have her temporarily on staff helping Stu with the building stuff. She had spreadsheets and quantities for everything we needed to pick up. Claire, again, a blessing is an interior designer and is giving her time to help design our new spaces. She had a few things that she had to check out and decide on that weren't on the list. She and Connie figured all that out while we were tracking down our items. Most of what we needed was in the self serve area. So, we started pulling. Karen kept telling Beth and me that we should get a worker to help us load up our carts but Beth and I kept moving the boxes...determined to get all that we need. We ended up with 10 (TEN) flatbed carts full of PoAng chairs for the baby and 1 year old rooms, 35 bins to hold lessons, chairs for the green room, a table for the green room, and shelving for the classrooms, cabinetry for diapers in the baby room and the bathrooms...and more!
After we loaded the vans, we headed for some yummy Chipotle and hit the road to head back home. We hit some traffic on the way back... of course! It wouldn't be Northern VA without traffic. The company was GREAT. We pulled back into town at 6ish and headed towards the church office. Jamie helped us unload Beth's van... and that was the end of our fun day of shopping.
Can I just say how excited I am to be a part of this church? This new building that represents opportunity for others to know Christ? The vision of my church?
4 comments:
You had me at Chipotle. I'm jealous that you guys ate there. Thanks for doing this. I'm glad you had a fun time.
How fun!!!
That is awesome fun! I am so excited to see everything you got!
Do I love Ikea!!!! How fun!
Post a Comment