Today marks the end of Waters Edge at the YMCA and the Yoder Barn. I'm not going to say that it marks the end of WEC being portable because I have a feeling, we will one day be portable again! We are changing location but our mission will NOT change. We will continue to be outward focused. And while I'm so excited about having a comfortable chair to be sitting in on Sunday, I am a little sad to leave the Y. Being portable is hard but it has forced the people of our church to bond over stacking chairs, setting up classrooms, folding floor coverings and hanging out at the couches waiting for our husbands to finish up our Sunday tear-down. The YMCA was also the building where my marriage was saved. I know that without our church, we would probably be divorced. They paid for our counseling. Our community groups have helped us grow together. The messages we hear every Sunday keep us accountable to the things we've learned through counseling and God's word. The Y was the place where I healed and learned to accept my husband for who he is and love him unconditionally. Its also the place where Anna has learned so much about God and His love for us. It is the place where I watch her praise God. I know that without those AMAZING people that I go to church with, she would not be a Christian. Yes, we talk about those things at home BUT without the support of our church, she would not be the child she is. And I know those same people will be moving with us down the road but without the set up team doing what they did every Sunday for 6 years, her teachers wouldn't have been able to teach her, the Waters Edge Band wouldn't be able to play and Stu Hodges wouldn't be able to preach. So, thank you set up and tear down team. Its all possible because of YOU.
And, now its time to look to the future. I don't know what God has in store for WEC but I know its amazing...just as the past 6 years have been amazing. A building is just a building but this group of people that I go to church with every week are of a special breed. I know that these people will continue to do what it takes to get people to know and love Christ. I love my church!
1 comment:
It wonderful to read of your love for your church Toni. It's awesome that the extra work is looked at as an opportunity to bond :o) Praying for your church's future!
And yes, we been overcapacity for quite awhile before. Get this they do let you if it's temporary. You can be overcapacity indefinitely if it's "temporary." But if you're willing to adopt a teenager who is currently in a home that won't adopt, you may not get the approval for the over-cap because that would put us permanently over. Actually it's just for 3 years as she'll be sophomore this fall.
Talk to you later,
Becca
Post a Comment