Monday, June 8, 2009

So much to blog about...

OK, so, life has been pretty busy around here lately! I haven't been on the computer much...actually, my charger died and so when the charge on my laptop battery went out, so did my computer. Its probably a good thing since we've had a ton to do around here. Now, I need to get my house back in order. So, here's what we've been up to:

Reed took leave and we worked on the house all last week...every day...most of the day. It was exhausting! But we got Anna's wallpaper stripped, scrubbed, sanded, primed and painted. Pictures to follow...we've got a few final touches to do in there but it looks GREAT...So much better than the 1980's lighthouse wallpaper. What was under THAT was even more scary...a 1970's floral...fun. Reed got some other stuff done while I painted (and painted!).

Waters Edge Church opened its doors. It really deserves a post all to itself but lets just say that my church is A-MAZING! I'm so glad that we finally have a building...a tool...so that we can reach more people on the peninsula and around the world! I say world because the sermons are online and there is actually someone from Romania (I think?? somewhere in that general region in Europe) who listens to Stu preach every Sunday. Cool. So cool. I don't want to go into too many details because as I said, it deserves its own post. Its hard to believe that its only been 3 Sunday's since our last service at the YMCA and yet it feels like the building already feels like "home". We've been at church a lot lately with training and services on both Saturday and Sunday nights two weekends in a row.

I've also been reading. A lot. I read the whole "Twilight" series in less than a week. It took me awhile to get into the "Twilight" book. I've been wanting to read them for awhile but I knew it was about Vampires so I wanted to watch the movie first. I'm not really keen on scary movies and I knew that if the movie was ok to watch, then I could read the books. So, I bought "Twilight" in paperback...way back in like February or March. I'd read about 50 pages or so and it just wasn't something that could grab my attention and hold it. But, I actually did finally get into it last week. And then I couldn't put it down. COULD NOT! The problem with Stephanie Meyer's books is that they read like one continuous book. So, that's great if you are the kind of person who can read a book and put it down. Its not so good for someone like ME who loves to read and can not stop until the story is over. I mean, I read all the Harry Potter books in less than 3 weeks and it would've been faster than that if I hadn't been borrowing the books from a friend. She would bring them to me at church or community group so sometimes I'd have to wait for a book. However, I don't think I've ever read something as intensely as I read these 4 books. I mean I finished the first book on Thursday evening and then the second Friday night, the third book on Saturday night and the fourth on Sunday night. These books are increasing in size with the last book being over 750 pages. Can you say reading mad woman? By the time I got to the fourth book, I was ready to be done so that I could have my life back! I really, really liked them (obviously) but the fourth book was dragging and seemed way too long. I can totally see why there was such a hype around these books but I don't think they were as good as the Harry Potter books....So if I had to put them in order of preference, this is the order I would give it: Eclipse, New Moon, Twilight and then lastly Breaking Dawn. Anyway, I'm rambling....Good books if you can get past the whole "VAMPIRE" thing.

And the last thing that I wanted to blog about was something Anna had said...man that kid is FUN-NY! Rob rapped yesterday in church. Anna didn't get to sit in service yesterday so she didn't hear it. Here's how our conversation went after church:

Me: Anna, church was so much fun tonight! We had one of those girls who does the tricks on the fabric like at the circus and Rob rapped.

Anna: What's rapped, Mom?

Me: You know what rap is Anna. Its kinda like when you talk and sing at the same time.
...a bit later...
Anna: Mom, what was Rob being a rapter about?

Me: A what? (laughing) Did you say "rapter"?

Anna: Yeah, mom. You said he was rapting. What was he raptering about?

Me: I don't know the name of the song, Anna but it was great. (STILL laughing) Its RAPPING Anna, not rapting. Rob rapped today while Phil sang and the band played. (still laughing) Do you know what rapping is?

Anna: Is that like those guys who wear the gold necklaces and the money sign?

I still hadn't stopped laughing about the raptering and here she comes with this last comment. Reed and I were DYING! HYSTERICAL! I still chuckle thinking about it. I love how they are funniest when they have NO clue they are being funny!

Ok, time to get...I'll blog about WEC (with pictures!!!) soon!

No comments: