...so little time! I'll try to give you the low-down on the past week though! Reed has been on leave and it has been awesome to have him home so much!!! Unfortunately, he goes back tomorrow but I guess he should work for his paycheck. I worked a lot last week but have enjoyed some time off this week. Reed was able to stay home with Anna on Wednesday so I could run around for my boss who is out of town. Anna spent the night with her cousins at my mom and dad's on Wednesday so Reed and I slept in on Thursday. We later went to Stuart's (my brother in law) mom's for Turkey lunch. It was yummo! The kids went down to the beach and had a great time. We came home and I did some cleaning. It was a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving Day. On Friday, I thought I would try to be super mom/wife. I got up and went shopping at 9:30. The deals weren't good enough to justify getting up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) to shop. I hit Walmart, Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Toys R Us, the mall and Michael's all by 3:15. I then went to pick up some groceries because apparently, I hadn't done enough shopping for one day. :D I came home and put a turkey in the oven. An hour later, I started the rest of our dinner which was the normal Thanksgiving meal. The downfall to having Thanksgiving at someone else's house is that we don't get left-overs and to enjoy all the fixings again. I made turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, candied sweet potatoes, broccoli casserole, bread, mac-n-cheese (home-made of course!) and cranberry sauce. Believe it or not, but we ate at 7:20. I was exhausted by this point! But oh, that's just not enough for one day. Oh no, I helped Reed put all the food away and wrapped presents that night. I also caved into my desire for all things home-made and am making a mini-stocking advent calendar... That means I cut out 48 mini-stockings that night too. Its not like me to pack quite that much into a single day but I love that I'm so far ahead this Christmas season. We had a lazy day on Saturday and I did some more shopping on Sunday. I'm almost done with the shopping. I mostly have gift cards left! The decorating has been done for awhile and I'm also half wrapped. This may go down as the first Christmas season that I'm completely done before the 15th! WOOHOO!
I need to take pictures of my mini- stockings. I've been working on them every other spare minute. They are CUTE. I'm on #10...only 14 to go, but I'm running out of ideas. Looks like I'll be doing some repeats.
1 comment:
I would love to see your stockings! And girl, reading that blog made me tired, haha!
Post a Comment