So, its New Year's Eve. I've been reflecting about this past year and also thinking about the future. 2009 has the potential to be a VERY big year in the Gonzales household. 2008 was a good year especially considering that Reed was gone for half of it. But, it taught me so much. I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. We are all pretty healthy with the exception of Reed's compressed disc in her back.
2008 brought a lot of highs and lows:
~Dad fought and beat cancer which is both a high and a low.
~Anna and I took a trip to Maine which again was a high and a low. I loved being there. It felt like "home" but it didn't go as planned.
~I sprained my ankle!
~Reed was deployed but he came home in June!
~We took an amazing family vacation to Atlanta and a great vacation to Pigeon Forge, TN for just me and Reed. We fell in love with it! We can't wait to go back!
~Anna started 1st grade and we struggled with her teacher until she got switched in October. What a blessing her new teacher is! Anna has since improved greatly in reading and math!
~Waters Edge has had an amazing year! I know this isn't about me but my church affects my life and I'm excited about this past year and what that means for the future for our church and then me. We were there for the Egg Drop and the filling of the Ferguson Center for Easter. We were there for the ground breaking on our new land. We are watching every step the church makes towards being done. And, we were at the Ferguson Center again for Christmas, which was the most amazing church service I've ever been too!
~We got orders for a new ship and a surprise move to San Diego, CA.
~Reed was here for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! That's a first in 3 years and its been wonderful!
2009 looks to bring lots of change.
~We have to get our house ready to sell. That means lots of painting, a new ceiling in the den, some electrical projects, some tiling projects and just de-cluttering in general. We definitely have our work cut out for us! We hope to put the house on the market in June. Honestly, what I hope is that it doesn't sell until about 2 months before we move... and then we'll just move in with mom and dad instead of an apartment. We don't move till 2010 so we'll have plenty of time.
~I'm meeting with a doctor about an elective surgery next week. I'm a little nervous about it but excited too! I'm just going in to see if I can be approved for the surgery. So, if all goes well, I'll be having surgery this year!
~I'm hoping that Reed's back will get better this year. He hurt it on the ship and has been struggling with it for about a year. He has an MRI next week to determine the best treatment for his compressed disc.
~WEC will move into its new building!! I mean, when I think about the fact that Anna could one day be married in that building it gives me chills!
So, what are you looking forward to in 2010?
2 comments:
Reed isn't going to like that you called him "her" ...you forgot that Anna cut her hair to her scalp and that you almost went to jail for slamming her finger in a door.....hhhahah
Thank goodness, that was in 2007! haha! Yes, both of those things happened just after he left in November and December.
Post a Comment