Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Newest Love:

So, lately I've become engrossed in all things hand made. My interests started when I found a blog from a girl named Megan. I know Megan from Maine. She is a friend of a friend and was at one point the assistant regional manager when I worked at Bath and Body works. Here's her blog: http://maineseasons.blogspot.com/ She's a bit more natural than I think I could ever be but some of her stuff is really cute. Megan is incredibly talented and has an eye for the cute things in life. She knitted her daughter a hat and then my knitting obsession started. I am determined to learn how to either knit or crochet now! But the interest in home made things lead me to ETSY. Have you heard of ETSY? Well, you really need to check it out, if not. I have another friend from my HHS and college days that has a jewlery store there. Her stuff is also quite adorable although I'm not really all that into jewlery. Then I started searching for all those off beat places that sell and or make crafts. I found this blog through Etsy. http://www.polkadotmom.com/ She has all kinds of other links to some really adorable stuff. I have all these ideas running through my head now and I can't get them out! Its Christmas and probably not the best time to get engrossed in projects. I want to make bibs, burp clothes, etc for my friends Lauren and Katie from church. I want to make a mini-stocking advent calendar fo me and my sister. I want to knit and crochet scarves, hats and blankets till I can make no more! I want to paint cute signs and make wood block letters. Am I crazy?

1 comment:

BetnyNonnie said...

I have friend who sells stuff on etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6335283