Monday, November 3, 2008

So, So, So much to blog about...

Sorry to get a little political and if you don't want to read this, you can skip down to the BOLD RED text below that describes last week...BUT...Its no secret that I'm conservative. This election and these 2 men that are running for the office of President don't give me the warm fuzzies. I feel like we've been given the choice between a man who's promised us so much that most of his promises will fall through (after all he is just 1 man!) and another man who's been known to have a hot head and to vote with the current establishment. One has little experience but has the ability to unify a nation and the other has experience with foreign affairs and the military but he may just divide us even more. I'm not taking my decision lightly but so many people ARE. I honestly had a woman tell me today that she was voting for Obama simply because McCain is a POW and they are all crazy. Really? Do you know every single POW? WOW! Just WOW! Its fine if you want to vote differently than me and I respect anyone who educates themselves on WHY they are voting for any candidate. Honestly, after researching the issues, I've found that I only slightly agree with McCain over Obama but when I put weight into WHY I agree with McCain there's no denying who I feel I should vote for. Honestly, it comes down to experience. My husband and I are greatly affected by whomever holds this office due to his career so I have to vote with the guy I think will take the best care of my husband. Generally speaking, I'm not that outspoken about who I'm going to vote for and I doubt I'll be changing any minds but I just had to get it out! Oh and I agree with this guy:




But, I digress! My whole point in a political point is that we all need to VOTE. Stu made some awesome points at church on Sunday and I whole heartedly agree with him. No matter WHO wins office, they deserve our respect and honor because they have been placed into a position of authority by GOD. (Read Romans 13:1-7) Ultimately, though, I will put my faith and hope in Jesus Christ and He has the ability to change our country. His message on Sunday was great and I hope that no matter which side of the isle you find yourself aligned with you will keep these things in mind. If you want to listen to his whole talk, you can find it here: http://watersedgechurch.net/content/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=0

Now, onto the fun stuff of life!

We had quite the week last week. Anna started in her new class on Monday. It seems fine. She is finally bringing books home to read for the week. I guess they are the books they will be doing in their reading groups. Her new teacher is much more organized and for that I'm grateful! On Wednesday, we carved pumpkins. We let Anna do her own this year. I really only helped her when she got tired towards the end. I was very impressed with her castle. Reed's pumpkin had stars ALL over it. He's very talented when it comes to carving pumpkins and while the stars were pretty simplistic, I can promise you it wasn't easy! I carved what looks like 3 pumpkins sitting on top of each other displaying the work BOO with ghost coming out from the side. It was quick and easy! We had a great time and the dogs love to clean up after us. :D

Friday we did trick or treating at Tab's house. Reed was running a little late and then it took us more than 20 minutes to get down 17 to their house (we live about 8 minutes apart!) where we ate dinner and headed out. Anna was dressed as Hannah Montana of course! It was weird to see her with the blond hair. Emma was Sharpay. Brayden was Black Spidey. And Taylor was the cutest bee you've ever seen! The kids had a great time. Tab's neighborhood is awesome! Lots of homes set up tables or gather with their neighbors to hand out candy. Some dress up and lots decorate their yards. Anna's not always so fond of this. This year, my sweet Emma was so thoughtful that she asked people if she could get candy for her cousin because she was too afraid to go up to the house to get candy. We ran into a pirate who made Anna sing for her candy which she did at the top of her lungs. We were dying laughing! She had the dance moves and everything. Emma also sang "Fabulous" for a few bars. There weren't a lot of kids out this year so I think the kids got more than normal towards the end because people were trying to get rid of candy. Anna took home more than she's ever brought home. The funniest part of the night might just have been when a guy in a monk robe walked up to me and grabbed me by my neck (as if to choke me!) and growled at me. I said "DO I KNOW YOU?" and he whipped his hood off. He thought I was another teenager in the neighborhood. He couldn't see with his hood down. He was pretty embarrassed to have attacked a total stranger! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!




























































































































1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I posted that video on my blog and my facebook after I saw it here. I love how he speaks the truth so boldly and gently and powerfully!

Great pics of family fun. Great memories are made in fall that's for sure! Your kitchen color is wonderful Toni!!!