We've yet to get orders but we expect them soon. When we get them, that will determine the length of time we'll be in San Diego. I'm a little anxious about them because Reed said they could be as long as 4 years! I'm not exactly sure if they can do quite that long because I think that Reed's sea tour ends in 3.5 and at that point, he'll be up for shore duty- NO SHIP! At any rate, as long as I don't think about what I'm leaving behind, I'm fine with going. If my family and my church (and everyone in it!) could move with us, I wouldn't even hesitate to go.
I'm still not happy about it but I am OK with the move. I've been planning already even though we have no idea when we'll be moving. I hate the not knowing but in a way, it helps me to enjoy my time here. We've decided that we are going to try REALLY hard to keep both dogs. We want to try to get into housing which will be harder with the 2 dogs but will be worth it. We also want a 3 bedroom in case we happen to have company (hint, hint! We'd love any company!). If we can't get a 3 bedroom in housing, we will find a house rental that will let us keep the dogs. I've found a couple of churches to visit. I've found a dance studio for Anna that teaches not only ballet, tap and jazz but also teaches Irish dancing. Anna has loved Irish dancing since we started going to Busch Gardens. She was VERY excited when I told her she could take the class. If we pay by the quarter, its cheaper than what we are paying now. I've decided to HOME SCHOOL Anna while we are there. That's the BIGGEST decision I've made so far but I've found a pretty good program that is FREE but would allow me access to some resources and support me while allowing Anna some interaction with other kids. She can take art there and some writing courses. There are also field trips scheduled, etc. They actually provide the state materials and testing. It will be good for me to have some accountability. I've often said if I could find something like this (http://www.gsdacademy.com/index.html) here, I'd put Anna in it. I'm the most excited about this! I made the decision for a couple of reasons. 1. It will give us the flexibility to have company (hint, hint again!) and to go home without missing school. 2. It will allow us to explore a part of the country we wouldn't otherwise be able to. I'm not saying that we wouldn't still go to Vegas or LA but now we can be much less picky about the timing. 3. We want to come back to VA and CA doesn't have the same SOLs that VA has. Yes, the SOLs are annoying but at this point, she needs to know them. I don't want to create a learning gap because we have to move across the country. It should be interesting incorporating what CA wants me to incorporate and what VA wants to teach. 4. Its going to FORCE me to get us involved and make friends. 5. With the job market being what it is, it will also give me a sense of purpose.
Its funny looking at this whole situation with some perspective on the bigger picture. I've been praying to make another friend, like the friend that I could call up and go shopping with or count on to watch Anna. I haven't had that since we left Maine and I miss it so much! Reed's been praying about work and hoping that it would get better. His current ship has been tough! The Carl Vinson is supposedly getting a Christian chief and Reed is so exited about that! I've also felt, since this summer, that my life needed a change. I wasn't sure what that was. I thought I needed to get back into teaching so I looked a substitute teaching. Then the whole mess with Anna at school happened and that went on the back burner because I started looking at homeschooling Anna then. I couldn't get it out of my head even though we're in a much better situation. God is answering prayer, I just may not like the way He's doing it. I don't have to like it, I just need to go with the flow and make the best of it. I know that everything happens for a reason and that God is in control. Jeremiah 29:11 just came to mind as I was typing this. I think this is just going to be a season for some exciting and different things for us. I hate the 'not knowing' but I know that it will all unfold in time.
1 comment:
Toni - I love your attitude. I can sense a peace about this decision as I am reading. This is such a hard place to be put and yet I am so happy to hear that you are starting to realize that God does have a purpose in this!
Post a Comment