Friday, November 7, 2008
One year ago...
Today, I celebrated Reed being home. One year ago, today, he left for a seven month deployment. I don't always handle deployments so well but considering all that happened during this past one, I think I did ok. Together, Anna and I made it through plumbing issues, a horrible hair cut, 5 stitches to Anna's middle finger, my dad's diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, our anniversary, Valentines day and Easter without him, Community Group at our house, a trip to Maine that I regret taking and the loss of a friendship. And then he was back home and its been so nice. He is my best friend and so today, I celebrate that he is home. My biggest fear was that I would get depressed and lazy but it was the opposite. I took each obstacle and met it head on and let each experience teach me. I realized that Reed is my best friend and there is no one I'd rather be with. I learned how to lean on him even when he's gone. Oddly enough, he mentioned today that he might be going back to the Churchill and I think they may leave soon. I don't know what that means yet, but now I know I can do it! Reed will be home for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years at least and we will treasure every moment of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment