I told Reed this morning that I already had a great Christmas...maybe the best one since Anna's first Christmas. I got 2 amazing gifts from him and thanks to the many prayers, I've had the best recovery possible! I am off all pain meds and have been since Sunday night. I'd been doing stuff around the house for the past couple of days but hadn't gotten out much. But yesterday, I made it to my mom's and then Target and Walmart. I kept a shopping cart with me at both stores since it was so crowded. I was afraid someone would bump me or something so I felt protected by it. I feel much better than I did after my c-section and Reed said I was getting around better than I did when I had my gall bladder removed when Anna was 1. Its so hard to believe! Now, I need to start working on eating...or drinking as the case may be. I'm supposed to get 60 grams of protein a day which should come via my "meals". Well, since I can't eat real food yet, I will need to drink 4 meals a day...with water or other clear fluids in between. This is the first day I'm attempting this and I think its going to be hard. I felt a little weak yesterday so I think I probably should try harder at this. At first, I was just concerned with staying hydrated...I think I've got that covered. Now, I need to work on the protien. Oh, and I've lost 8 lbs since Friday. That makes 40 lbs since Oct. 22nd. Can you say WOW?!!?
I'm also super excited for Anna to open her gifts. I always am. Gift giving is my love language and I can't wait to see her reaction to some of her presents! She got some awesome clothes from Gymboree, Crazy 8, Target and The Children's Place. Those seem to be my favorites these days. She got some Littlest Pet shop toys, a Fur Real pig that she's been wanting forever, a guitar and accesories, a Kareoke machine and 2 extra cds, a digial Kodak camera of her very own, Operation (the game), a clip on lamp for her bed, some Chixos, a DS game....and I think that's it. She also got some craft stuff and some bath stuff for her stocking (love the Dollar spot at Target and Michael's!). I didn't buy any dolls this year and I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever done that before! I also think its funny that Anna ended up with a guitar, kareoke machine and a key board from my mom and dad. I told my mom and dad that she will be a one man band! haha! I also didn't buy her any books this year and that's unusal for me too. I feel like I should rush out and get her some but she really has PLENTY!
I'm also excited for my family to open their gifts. I got my mom some pretty cool stuff this year including a ski rope for Stu (which is a bit of an inside joke) and some really cool things for my mom. I'm that person that would never wait to let someone open a present. In fact, if I could, presents would be opened almost as soon as they are purchased. Yes, I love presents!
So, how is this Christmas treating you so far?
No comments:
Post a Comment