Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

This year, there are no resolutions.  I usually break them anyway.  And, the traditional "loose weight" and "get organized" resolutions, well, I don't really have a choice in either of those areas.  But, I am looking forward to 2010.  Instead of dreading moving, I'm trying really hard to be positive about it.  I am dreading the process though!  I mean, really, who enjoys having all of their stuff put into storage, living with next to nothing for months, all the work its going to take to sell the house and then...then moving across the country with 2 dogs and an 8 year old.  [side note: For those that don't know, we plan on selling the house *nearly* empty.  We are trying to purge...the next 11 days so that we can have the house packed up minus all 3 of our couches, an old dining room table and chairs, 1 tv and a piece of junk to put the tv on,  a dresser...oh and 1 tub of toys and maybe the Wii.  I mean, lets face it, can we live without the Wii? Once the house is empty, I can get to work on the floors and painting a couple of the rooms and installing new flooring.  And, we're hoping it will sell by JUNE!]  None of that sounds extremely fun to me but I have so many other great things to look forward to!

1. I'm trying to swing a trip to Disney at the end of the month!  If not, we will go see our dear friends, Brandon and Emmy.  Disney is offering a deal to the military and its worth it to try to go!  But, since I haven't saved for this trip and its kind of short notice, I'm not completely sure we can afford to go.  We'll see.  Its the perfect opportunity though since Anna has a 4 day weekend and it will be prior to getting our tax refund...which is dedicated to getting the house ready to sell.  That also means I have a lot of work to do prior to that!

2. We get to visit San Diego in April when Reed's ship comes in!  Normally, this would be exciting but I think what makes me even more excited about it is that he won't have seen me in months!  Do you know how much I'll change in MONTHS?  I'm so excited to see his face when he sees me!  And, I'm also really excited just to see San Diego!  And, lets face it, its not that I don't want to move to San Diego, I'm just worried we won't get to move back to the East Coast until he retires...but I'm trying not to worry about things I can't even do anything about...especially not for another year or so.

3. I plan on riding a all the roller coasters at Busch Gardens this summer.  I haven't been able to for a few years...I've only riden Loch Ness and The Big Bad Wolf because they were the only ones I could ride.  Well, not this year! 

4. Just being overall more fit and healthy!

5. While moving is no fun, moving into a new house is!  You know I love to decorate...and with an Ikea nearby...I can't wait!  We will get new living room furniture and Anna will likely get a new bed since she has a full now and most spare rooms are quite a bit smaller than her current room.  Her bed will not fit.  We'll be in the market for a few other things but that will come with time...

6. And the biggest, best thing I'm looking forward to?  Well, next December, Reed and I can try to have another baby.  We won't have long to try before he gets deployed in Feb. 2011 but I am hopeful!  I'm not looking forward to a whole pregnancy without him but he should be home for the birth...or he'll have just missed it, it all depends, I guess on the timing. 

So, Happy New Year!  What does 2010 hold for you?

P.S. I know, I promised pictures every 2 weeks.  I'll take some this afternoon and get them uploaded tonight!  Promise!

No comments: