Keep in mind, I had just lost 30+ pounds all since Oct. 22nd. These were taken just a few short moments before leaving for the hospital! I can't wait to show you all the transformation!!!
So, Reed and I got to the hospital and checked in for surgery. It was a bit different since it was at the Naval hospital but it was pretty effecient. I was VERY nervous. I didn't sleep at all on Thursday night. I figured, why try when I could sleep all day Friday? I remember waiting the the pre-op room with Reed and going..."Am I really doing this?" They took me in for surgery right at 7:30 and all I remember is the Christmas music playing, people talking and that the mask made it harder to breath. They had given me some drugs just prior to going in. I remember waking up in recovery, but not much else and I remember being wheeled to my room. I remember my parents and Reed being there shortly afterwards and then my friend, Melissa, came. Mel is an awesome friend! She will be working in the ICU at Portsmouth soon and had to come in to fill out paperwork so she stopped and stayed quite a while (or at least I think it was quite a while!). I remember asking for my pillow because their pillow was uncomfotable. That's not actually what I said but apparently what I said was pretty funny. Mom and dad or Reed was with me all day that first day. I got up and walked at 5 pm and again before Reed left at 9:30. It was a LONG night. Can I just say how much I hate sleeping in a hospital? There was nothing on their 12 channels. 4 of them were kids shows, 4 of them were news or weather related, and the other 4 were ABC, NBC, CBS and TLC. I think the tv stayed on CNN all night although I don't think I watched it.
Saturday morning, I got up and walked again, she removed my catheter and I felt like a new woman! I was moved to a regular room around 10. Tab had just gotten there and it was a good thing because I needed someone to pack my stuff up! Reed had set my computer and movies up for me the night before but it all had to be put away. Tab left shortly after I got in the new room. But, my mom came in right after her. Reed came in an hour or 2 later. The nice thing about being there was that I wasn't hooked up to an IV anymore and I could move about as I wanted. It was a huge relief. I walked as often as I could and finally got some good sleep! Reed left around 3:30 and I slept from then until after 6! It was a relief! Thank goodness I had already gone to the bathroom or I wouldn't have been able to sleep! The night was long... I finally took some pain meds just so I could go to sleep!
This morning, they came around early talking of discharge at about 10. I was so excited!!! They also let me take a shower...which was MUCH needed. I got discharged by noon and picked up my meds and headed off to pick up Anna at my mom and dad's. I was so glad to see my baby girl! I hadn't seen her since I put her in bed Thursday night. Not being able to see her was the hardest part! I even made it to church tonight! My mom and dad didn't want me to go. They were afraid someone would bump into me but no one did. I waited till most everyone had left before we got out of the worship center. I did some chatting in the hall way and that was about all I could take! I came home and took a huge nap which is why I'm blogging at 2:30 am! I'm about to put a movie in and hopefully fall asleep for the night.
Overall, I feel pretty good. Its taking my tummy some getting used to... and me too. When I got home from church, I ate 120 mls. of jello. That's all my tummy holds! Well, I ate it much to quick. I didn't even think about it and it was pretty painful. That's when I headed for my nap...sleeping through the pain was much easier. But, all in all, its been a pretty ok procedure! I have had excellent nurses and doctors! I'm so glad so many people prayed because I really felt like I had the best of the best there with me the entire time. My family has been wonderful and supportive, both being with me and with Anna so that I didn't have to worry about her. And, my church family has also been amazing!
So, I hope to take pictures every 2 weeks! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment