That's what I feel like tonight is. I went in to be weighed today and am UNDER my goal! WHHHEEEEWWWW! I was so relieved! I knew I had lost the weight but I wasn't sure if the hospital's scales would say that I had lost the weight. I have to start a liquid diet tomorrow that consists of protein shakes, water, crystal light, sugar free popcicles, V8 and tomatoe soup. Fun times ahead for me! So, today, I'm eating what I want! I won't get "real" food again for awhile. So, for lunch I had Five Guys and for dinner....I'm not sure. I'm thinking about Outback's steak and lobster tail....hmmm...maybe. I want to really enjoy it so it better be GOOOOOD.
Anyway, keep praying! I'm not looking forward to the liquid diet. I'm sure I'll need it. To me, this hurdle seems harder to do than the actual surgery. But, I know I can do it. I have to. I've come too far to go back now.
On the way home from Portsmouth, I saw Reed's ship leaving. He hasn't been home since Monday morning except for about 3 hours last night. I am really, really going to miss him this time. He really has been super supportive and understands why dinner hasn't been ready when he gets home...there have been many nights where I just couldn't bear the thought of cooking a meal so I warmed up some Healthy Choice soup and fixed Anna a sandwich. He hasn't brought ice cream into the house...or anything else for that matter and didn't seem to care that I bought him Weight Watchers fudgepops instead just because I couldn't have tons of sweets in the house.
But, I thought it was cool to watch the ship make its way out to the Chesapeake Bay..and mostly because it means that the end is coming to his time in the ship yards. He's been in the ship yards for way too long.
So, our plans for the weekend include lots of fun and only a little food...hahaha! We are going to Hollydazzle tomorrow night with the family. Then we have the Nutcracker on Saturday...a time honored mother and daughter tradition. Love that! I'll keep you updated...
1 comment:
Sounds like things are going well...And you made a very good choice for your last supper! One of my favorites :-) Hope things continue to go well for you as you get ready for your surgery. I can't believe you have to do a liquid diet for so long! I guess you'll just get used to it. I'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment