I truly have something to be thankful for this year. I am married to the most amazing man. My daughter is the funniest kid around...and she's sweet too. I have a wonderful family who supports me in the most amazing ways. Really, I think I could cry if I thought too much about all that God has blessed me with. I have a quick story to share about each of those groups of people...
Reed couldn't wait for Christmas. With surgery coming, he was afraid I wouldn't get a chance to enjoy my presents. So he gave them to me last night! I got a new HP Entertainment laptop with Windows 7...NO MORE VISTA for me! WHEW! And he got me a new REBEL XS camera. I had a feeling I was getting the camera but had no clue about the laptop. I had a laptop and didn't think I was getting a new one anytime soon. But, it really is falling apart. I mean, keys are missing and we had to open it up the other day to super glue the power cord in the right place so it would stay charged. He said that he never gets to spoil me and I am always spoiling him and so he wanted to go all out this year...well he did! I also think he feels guilty that I am without him so often between being out to sea and just his daily work schedule and he wanted to show me how important I am. So, I am now blogging on my new laptop. And I will have a new laptop to take with me to the hospital. I love this thing so far! And the new Windows.. amazing!
Anna has been so funny lately. Her timing is getting better...her little quips are faster. I don't even think she means to be funny most of the time, but she sure is! This morning, Reed called downstairs to ask her if she was hungry. She said no, that she had already had breakfast. So Reed goes into his whole 'You know your supposed to ask when I'm hear so you can get something besides cereal or a cereal bar..blah blah bla' Then he finally askes her what she had. CORN, she says! CORN? Yep CORN. Only corn.
I'm also so proud of her for NOT ONCE complaining about going to my mom's for tutoring. She's maturing so fast...its unbelievable. I went shopping with an old friend on Wednesday and Anna acted like she was one of us. She hung even when she was completely bored.
Now, onto my family...Well, first of all, my mom is spending a TON of time with Anna to get her caught up. 2 hours a day is a lot especially when you consider you sleap for 8, work for 5-6 and need time to get caught up with the other things you have to do. And, its working! We've been doing speed drills with her. When she started, she read 88 words in 2 minutes with about 4 mistakes. Last week, she read 162 with 3 mistakes. That's almost twice the words with less mistakes!
The other thing I love about them is how they support me. On Thanksgiving day, they all offered to pick a day to do the liquid diet that I have coming up. All of them...Stu, Tab, Mom, Dad, Reed, Vicki and Neal (Stu's mom and step-father)! I told them that they didn't have to but honestly, I think its pretty cool that they offered! The truth is, I have no idea how I'm going to do that 2 weeks but I know I have to! So, I will. Vicki also offered to help no matter what I needed and I know she won't be the only one. I have an amazing extended family!
So, stay tuned. I should be blogging more especially as it gets closer to D Day. Look for a before picture on the 17th...and many more pictures with the new camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment