Sunday, November 15, 2009

No more pity party for me!

I've been by myself a lot lately.  And, I think that makes me extra sensitive to feeling left out.  Yep. I'm not going to have a pity party for myself anymore.  And, I'm looking forward to this fun filled week... and next week will be equally fun filled! 

Monday- I have a conference with Anna's teacher...be praying about that.  She is behind in reading and really struggling with spelling.  She is REED to a T when it comes to her strengths and weaknesses at school.  She is doing great in math and I think the only reason she struggles with social studies and science is because of the reading involved.  Friday before last she missed 11 out of 15 words on her spelling test.  The night before she spelled them ALL right.  I get frustrated because I don't understand what is going on with her so we are trying some new study techniques.  Hopefully, it will also help her reading.  We are doing word searches, which I've always felt was busy work, over the weekend.  They help her concentrate one 1 word at a time and to think about what letter comes next.  We are also taking small squares of paper with letters written on them.  She then has to spell the word out correctly.  I think its helping.  But, please keep us in your prayers regaurding this!  I'm interested in talking with her teacher tomorrow.  I may ask to have her tested.  She may have some ADD issues too.  Like I said...just like her dad. 

Tuesday- I hope to start decorating for Christmas.

Thursday- Reed's Christmas party!  Yes, its EAAAARRRRLY! But, the following week is Thanksgiving and they will be gone in December until the 18th at which point, they are starting leave periods.  The party is from  6pm till midnight but Reed and I will be leaving early...10 pm or so and heading to...NEW MOON.  We are both excited that they fall on the same night since we already have Anna staying at my mom's that night. 

Friday- Up and at 'em early to get Belle and get her to school.  Usually, I go in my pj's but I'll have to be dressed because immediately after dropping her off at school, I have to head to my cousin's retirement ceremony from the Navy. 

Saturday- We have plans for dinner with friends and if we feel up to it, we have the option of taking Anna to the ship's Christmas party for kids. 

Yay for fun weeks!  Then I MUST finish decorating this house because I want to be done before Thanksgiving.  All shopping and wrapping must be done by December 17th...my surgery is December 18th!!!!! And, no, Reed will not be there until later that day!  BOOOOO.   I'll need to figure out something for the dogs because I hope to stay with my mom and dad on the 17th.  Reed will be home to take care of them after that.  Hmm... add finding dog sitter  to my to do list...

No comments: