Well, it is FINALLY September and my favorite season is quickly approaching...and in VA, it is starting to feel like fall. I love it and so I've jumped the gun a bit and changed my layout to reflect a fall feeling! We've been to Busch Gardens twice this past week because its really just too nice NOT to go. Its been in the 70's...and we've had little humidity. The 70's is apparently common (so the averages say) but I really don't remember a nicer start to September. Bring on FALL! I love the colors, the textures, and the flavors! This is without a doubt the time of year that I miss Maine the most...the trees will turn soon, the weather will be crisp in another week or 2 and we would go to our favorite orchard to pick apples and then later pumpkins for Halloween.
With a rocky end to August (due to my wisdom teeth), I've never been more ready for September to get here. These are the things we have to look forward to the next couple of months:
School starts next Tuesday and we go meet her teacher tomorrow. We're both pumped for 2nd grade! She wants to be back with her school friends and I can't wait to have a little more free time. Dance will start soon too although I'm still a little iffy on where she's going. I'm contemplating 3 different studios and still can't make up my mind!
A trip to Lake Gaston with my Community Group from church...next weekend and probably just in time to enjoy the last of summer.
Anna and I always take a fall trip to Farmville to see Longwood, eat at Macadoo's and hopefully find an orchard to pick apples. This year, I hope to make it an over night trip.
I've been feeling the crafting itch and once Anna is back in school, I'll have time to get it done! I want to make a quilt and I have a few other projects I need to get done. The scrapbook stuff needs some attention before we move because I simply can't take it all with me.
Hopefully, I will be having surgery this fall...more on that later!
We will be getting the house on the market sooner than expected...again more on that later!
Anna's birthday party is already scheduled and we're both so excited about it! At the Yorktown Weapons Station, there is a 6 lane bowling alley that can be rented (the whole thing!) for parties... and for a great price! The parties are 2 hours and she gets to invite up to 35 bowlers but we will probably only invite 15 or so... with only 2 hours, it would take her too long to open presents to have many more than that. We have a Hannah Montana theme...of course... and they can play DVD's or CD's while the kids bowl. We have the concert on DVD so I think that's all we'll do for decorations. YAY!
We have heard that Busch Gardens isn't doing a scary Howl-O-Scream which means that we can still use our passes there. I love going in the fall but Anna is terribly frightened of skeletons and well...Busch has tons of them up for Howl-0-Scream and they go up right after Labor Day. We're all excited about this!
I've said this for a couple of years now but I really do want to substitute teach this fall (and until we move). I'm going to work on that next week when I have some down time. It seems to be the only thing I can figure out that will work with our crazy schedule between Reed's work/duty, my doctors appointments, Anna's dance stuff and church stuff too.
I'm sure that there are a few more perks to fall that are escaping me right now...like pumpkin flavored pastries. MMMM! I heard Starbucks has their pumpkin scones in already!
This fall seems to be the line in the sand for us. Once we cross it, there is no going back. The house will go on the market and then.... I'll have surgery and then... See what I mean? I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm ready for it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment