Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2nd Grade Girl!

Its pretty rainy. And for a first day of school, that stinks. Outfits must be worn with rain coats, pictures are pretty difficult and the parking lot at Anna's school becomes pretty difficult to navigate. On a good day, parking is an issue so throw in the rain which means there are no walkers and throw in the extra parents who are walking their kids into school and it becomes...well, challenging is a good word. What makes it even worse is that the parking lot at her school doesn't drain well. Anna said her feet were soaking when she got to her class. Bonus for this year was that Reed was here on Anna's first day! In Pre-K, Reed was deployed. In Kindergarten, he was out to sea. In 1st grade, he had duty. I'm also babysitting Taylor this week since Tab had to go back to work but Taylor's preschool hasn't started yet.

As I mentioned pictures were a challenge! Reed was getting Taylor in the car. I was trying to rush. Anna was acting like a teenager! She didn't want to smile. I got a couple of quick good ones in front of the picture taking tree. Anna refused to have her picture taken with her rain coat on! AND, she took it off once we got into the building. It clashed with her outfit apparently.














She loved her first day! I'm so glad. Its a relief after a rough start to 1st grade.

No comments: