School is out today...FINALLY. I think that Newport News might be the last district in the state to still be in school. We took two snow days this year and only had 1 snow day planned. It's hard to believe that when I go pick her up today, she will be a second grader! That just seems so much older to me. She spent the night last night at my mom and dad's. She spends the night with them on Tuesdays since we no longer have Community Group at our house. I went to pick her up this morning and we headed to Starbucks. That's our tradition on the last day of school...nothing like a little sugar to start the last day off right! We then headed home to make lunch, find a sweater since its a bit cool today and take pictures. I can't believe how much she's changed this year. 1st grade started out very rough for us but after she switched classes, things have been much better. She is now reading on her own and is telling time. Here are pictures of her first and last day of school!
September


June


No comments:
Post a Comment