Friday, February 20, 2009

Totally TV Thursday

The votes are in... all 3 of them. :D And TV is the winner. So, welcome to the first ever Totally TV Thursday. I'm looking forward to it! As I stated, I watch WAY too much TV and so each week, I'll just be highlighting my favorite shows.

The Bachelor 697- I keep saying 'I'M DONE!' with this show and it keeps sucking me back in. This season I watched because I hope its the end of the Brad Womack chain... who dumped DeAnna...who dumped Jason and now Jesse. Yeah, this show has a pretty poor track record. I had hoped this season would be different but I've been trying to do some sleuthing and things don't look good. I'm still hopeful that it will be a happy ending mostly so I can put this show behind me once and for all!

Chuck- Are you watching? If not, you NEED to be. Chuck is the perfect union of comedy, suspense and crime. This week, Chuck and Sarah go to the suburbs and have to pretend to be married. They have this whole 'I want to like you but I can't because you're my partner' thing going on which made pretending to be husband and wife tricky. What was different about this week? Chuck says he and Sarah will never be more than what they are now- which is pretend boyfriend and girlfriend. I do love episodes like this one where Chuck gets to do some major spy stuff just because its so not him. This show is so full of one liners and funny quips it makes it worthwhile.

American Idol- I'm not liking how they are picking the final 12 this year. I AM cool with who is going so far. I just hope Noop Dogg makes into the final 12. He's awesome! I think he should make it in the wild card round since the vote was so close. In my opinion, Michael Sarver isn't as good as Anoop but I'm holding out that America does its job for a wild card. I mean how could you not like a guy who calls himself 'Noop Dog'. Danny Gokey and Alexis Grace will both make it far in this competition and I think they're both pretty cool. However, I'm going to be rooting for my hometown girl-Felicia Barton. My ex-boss actually knows her. She leads worship at a church here with her husband and so I think she's pretty cool. Plus, the girl can sang!

LOST- Lost was a good show the other night if not a little out of character for the show. I left with very few questions. Usually a good LOST ends with more questions than when the show started. It appears that at least 3 of our 6 are back. I don't quite get how Aaron got left out of the 6 unless they are now counting Desmond? We did find out that the island isn't through with him yet. We now know why John had to die. We know how the island moves. We know why John had to die. I hope there's more because at this point, I can't believe they've got so much time left in the show. It seems like they could come up with a logical conclusion to this show.

Grey's Anatomy- Tonight's show might go down as the best men's fist fight ever. McSteamy and McDreamy duke it out! There were a few other good moments. McSteamy (Mark) falling for Lexy. Bailey yelling at the Chief for not writing a good recommendation. I'm glad it came from George though. I love the relationship Bailey and George have together and if the rumors are true, I'll miss him the most playing opposite her. I love that Christina is happy for a change. I've been loving Alex lately but tonight he was flat with the one exception of stopping Addison when she wanted to check on Derek. "It's her guy." Finally someone told Addison what we've all known since season 1. Derek and Meridith belong together. What I thought was outrageous was the mom/baby/brain surgery storyline. I mean come on! In no other place besides fictitious Seattle Grace would a dr. almost kill a woman and then continue to take parts of her brain out to try to fix her again. The other thing that just blows my mind is that Derek nicked her aneurysm a few weeks ago and eventually that killed her. BUT, the legendary surgeon we've never seen before is told she should quit because of the mistake that she made? I don't get that. How does that happen? Oh I forgot she is not a main character. I'm not liking Callie's storyline and haven't in awhile. The one ray of light is that Denny is GONE and that Addison is happily back on Private Practice where she belongs. No more crossovers PLEASE!

I promise I'll blog some soon! I know I need to. I also have pictures I need to show so you can see what I've/we've been up to. Oh and if there's a show you like and want me to discuss, just comment. These are just a handful of the shows I watch and they will not always be the same.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Yeah!!! Lets talk about how excited we are that Danny Gokey is in the top twelve! He's no David cook, but you can't expect perfection right?

Rob said...

You lost me with the Bachelor, but you won me back with Chuck, Lost, and American Idol. Great shows.

The Three Amigos said...

Rob, I'm not too keen on the Bachelor either... I just can't shake it!

Stacy, I think Danny has tons of potential to be another David Cook. We'll see. I'm actually MAD that his friend is not there and yet Nick/Norman is? That's pure nonsense!

Stacy said...

I am at a loss for words, and that doesn't happen often, when it comes to some of the people they put through this season.

I keep reminding myself that they are the professionals and I'm not. However, I have picked the winner by Hollywood week the last 4 seasons. I know it's a gift.