Okay...I am supposed to write 10 terribly fascinating things about myself,
then tag 7 more worthy candidates. So, here it goes.
I have no problem writing the 10 terribly fascinating things about myself. The problem comes in the second half of the tag. I don't know 7 bloggers who read my blog... No joke. I know a few but most of my readers are just that... readers not writers. So, I'll give it my best shot and by all means if you're a blogger that reads my blog, consider yourself tagged!
1. I think I would like to have a wedding every 10 years of marriage. I mean, the works! The dress. The flowers. The reception. The pictures. And, the presents. I mean, yeah, its time to buy some new towels and a new crock pot would be very appreciated! I love the day I got married but I also think it would be cool to share that day with the people that are in my life NOW that weren't in my life 10 years ago.
2. I love to eat out. LOVE IT. Unfortunately, none of my favorite restaurants are nearby. I love me some Fat Boys in Maine and some Macado's in Farmville.
3. Reed and I have had a pretty tough marriage but I'm so glad we've worked hard on it. He is my best friend and I love him more today than I did the day I married him.
4. I'm a multi-tasker. I rarely do one thing at a time. Here are some examples of things I do: cooking and cleaning the kitchen at the same time, shop and pray or think (no joke!), sew, be on the computer, fold clothes, clean... and any number of other things while watching TV (this is how I get so much tv watched!) and one of my favorite things to do is to listen to music and read at the same time.
5. I read all 7 Harry Potter books in about 3 weeks right around the time that the 7th book came out and before the 5th movie was released. That is roughly 200 pages a book if you average it out however, I borrowed the books from a friend and had to wait for some of them. I read quickly thanks to being an English major.
6. I love my dogs and can't imagine life without them. They make it difficult to travel but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world! They are great companions and help me feel safer when Reed is gone. They're also crazy and crack me up daily.
7. I still miss Maine occasionally and I'm not sure why. I don't have close friends there. I hated the long winters. I hated our small apartment and often felt like the walls were closing in on us. But, it had become home away from home for us. I don't think I would ever want to live there again but it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! It was crazy to be driving along Rt. 1 and look out the window and think... wow, this should be a New England post card. I've also since adopted all 'their' sports teams. I say 'their' because Maine itself doesn't have its own teams but they love the Red Sox and the Patriots up there!
8. I didn't have a boyfriend between Jared, a guy I dated in 11th grade and Reed. We met in 1999... which means no boys for 6 years!
9. Don't try this at home! Reed and I knew each other less than a year before we were married! We met in Feb. 1999, started dating a month later. We got engaged in September of '99 and I hadn't even met his mother yet! Then we were married in Jan. '00. We've been together 10 years next month, married 9 years last month. In some ways, it seems like we just met and in other ways I can't remember life without him.
10. Although I was an English major, it is shocking the books I haven't read! I think my professors tried to find the less read classics? I don't know but I've never read books like "To Kill a Mockingbird", " 1984", no Hemingway... no Jane Austin...you get the picture. I always think its funny that I haven't read all these classic pieces when all I did was read for 3.5 years.
So, I'm going to tag the people I know read... But, if you have a blog and you read my blog, consider yourself tagged. I would tag Stacy again, but knowing her, she'd just tag me back and we'd have this whole vicious circle of tagging going on... :D
1. Carlyn
2. Rob
3. Becca
4. Susan
5. Nicole
6.?
7.?
1 comment:
MACADOS!!! I miss that place....
Post a Comment