Thursday, October 16, 2008

Never say never!

This has been a tough school year and we've only been in it about 6 weeks. There have been a few instances this year that have caused me to pause and think that maybe Mr. Wilson's 1st grade class isn't the place Anna should be. I always said I wasn't a fan of homeschooling and that remains true but its becoming more and more of an option as the weeks go by. I don't feel like she is learning enough. I don't feel like he's doing his job maintaining a good learning environment. I'm overall just frustrated. I love public school. I really want Anna to know about being a part of this crazy world and learning how to say "NO" to the bad things life throws her way. I don't want to seclude her from making friends more than is already the case. And at the same time, I know she could be learning more. I know that he is moving too fast in Math and not fast enough in Reading. I also know that she's come home and has said 2 "bad" words or at least they are words Reed and I don't say and don't approve of. I know that he looses his temper in class which for me is a HUGE no-no. I know that he says "GOD!" in a way that takes my Lord's name in vain. I am meeting with the principal, I hope, soon. But that nagging thought... "Maybe I should just homeschool." is in the back of my mind. I will meet with her first before I make my decision because I want her to be aware of these issues and I don't want other children to continually suffer. I never thought I'd say it but I may just be homeschooling by December! In fact, I've spent the better half of the afternoon researching materials. Yikes!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I believe we just have to take each year (and each child for that matter) as it comes. God has taught me a lot through schooling my children in different places/ways and I am realizing I am not allowed to say "never" anymore! Praying for you and Anna :)