Saturday, October 24, 2009

No blogging=no time.


The past couple of weeks have been CRAZY.  Anna was baptized shortly after my last update (11th). It was a very special day!  Stu was able to jump in the pool, preaching clothes and all to do the honors.  My favorite picture of the day is of him kissing her on the head while Rob was talking.  Anna's story is probably a little unique for a kid her age.  Most kids ask questions, talk to their parents about it and their parents lead them in the sinner's prayer...and that's that.  Well, Anna did it all on her own a couple of years ago.  I had already tucked her into bed, read with her and prayed with her and went downstairs.  The next day, she told me that she asked Jesus to live in her heart forever.  WOW.  We had talked about it some and they talked about it quite a bit in Kid Kraze at church.  So, it was really cool that she did it all on her own.  Afterwards, we went to my mom's for lunch with family and friends.  Here are some of my favorite pictures of the day:



 

So that next week, I had a doctor's appointment, Anna was home sick one day and I had to finish prepping for her birthday.  We also had dinner at the Greek Festival.  The fall festival is inside and doesn't feature the crafts, etc that the spring festival has but it was still great food!  I think it takes Reed back to his childhood.  Last weekend was her birthday and it was a blast!  We rented out Twin Pin Bowling Alley through the Military Welfare and Recreation department.  It was an awesome deal and we got to have lots of kids come.  They let you rent out the whole alley for 2 hours...when I say whole alley, take it with a grain of salt.  There are only 6 lanes.  :D   Anna got 3 gift cards and so we had to go to Target and Toys R Us right away to spend them.  The following day, we had church, the Poquoson Seafood Festival and then back to church for spontaneous baptisms.  Water's Edge baptized 132 people in 1 Sunday.  Awesome!!! 

This past week has been a bit more calm.  I've been working on a cabinet I got at a yard sale and the front door.  They both look 100 times better!  I did have my doctor's appointment to meet with the surgeon.  It didn't go the greatest but I do have a tentative date, the week before Christmas.  Other than the whole food issue around the holidays, its a great time for us.  My mom and Tab will be home from work.  Reed may be here or will be here shortly afterward. I also will have a couple of weeks before I have to get Anna to school on my own. 

We don't have anything else set in stone until Halloween...and I am looking forward to that.  The past couple of weeks have been crazy! 

No comments: