Thursday, July 30, 2009

o⋅be⋅di⋅ence

–noun
1. the state or quality of being obedient.
2. the act or practice of obeying; dutiful or submissive compliance: Military service demands obedience from its members.

I love how the sentence for #2 is about the military. Love. It.

So, I know that I've changed my mind about moving to San Diego a few times this past year. We've changed our minds, yet again, but this time its final. Barring a promotion (we'll know this week or next), we will be moving to San Diego next year...in April if Reed can't get the date changed to June. I still don't want to go. But, I'm trying to be optimistic about it. Really trying. I know that wanting to stay here is a bit selfish. It had become about all the things I was going to miss here. I was thinking of excuses right and left to stay put. Fortunately, God had other plans. Reed has been out to sea most of this month. He was gone for 10 days towards the end of June and into July, 12 day mid-month, home for 2 days and back out for another 12. Its been horrible! I hate being away from him. The first time out, Anna cried every night he was gone. But, I really think that this time apart has been just what we (I) need to put some things into perspective. I can't choose to be apart from Reed for that amount of time. I can't do that to Anna. I know we'll have to be apart for periods like this past month but I have no control over that. I do have control over the months when he goes no where and we should be together during those times. I'm thankful that God reminded me how difficult life was without Reed around. I think I knew where God wanted me when we got these orders and to be honest, it scared me (which is why I cried for days). Still scares me. I've never lived SOOOO far from home. But, I know that's where He wants us or at least that He wants me to allow Him to be in control of the situation. There have been many prayers about his chief's package so I'm still a little hopeful that he'll get promoted but I'm also being obedient and following my husband where God (through the Navy) is taking us. I'm less scared to go because I'm being obedient and letting God have control of the situation. I know that I'll find friends, a church, and that family will visit. I know I'll miss my friends and church here but I know I'll get to come visit when Anna's schedule allows and that we get to leave when Reed gets out of the Navy. This also means that I had to accept that we would be there until the end of his career. I'm not one to move around a lot and so we'll try to get Reed's last set of orders for San Diego too...that is, unless God has some other twists and turns up His sleeve.

1 comment:

Aloha! said...

I know it's hard to move, to start over, to make friends and of course for your child to do the same. I'm glad you are having a change of heart about the move. I hope Reed makes chief too!!