
I had my very first midnight movie experience. I've been waiting for this movie since I saw the last movie almost 2 years ago. I was very disappointed when they pushed the release date back from November 2008 to July 2009. I read all the books around the time that the last movie came out so this was the first Potter movie that I've seen after reading the books.
I really wanted to go to the midnight showing and then I wasn't sure how I'd get anyone to watch Anna. Reed is gone. My mom, dad and sister are also gone. I had thought of asking my friend, Carlyn, but Wednesday morning is the only morning she HAS to be at work super early for a sales meeting. Since it has a PG rating, I had resigned myself to just taking Anna with me on Wednesday and missing out on the midnight viewing. But, while talking to Phil and Bethany (2 amazing people...they rock!) at lunch on Sunday, Bethany offered to watch Anna so I could go. Phil (along with a bunch of other Waters Edge folks) was also going so that meant I'd have someone to sit with.
I heard that these midnight viewings were interesting...that people dressed up. The costumes ranged from cheesy school girl outfits to the rather strange guy walking around in all black, platform boots and these weird goggles. I think he was supposed to be MadEye Moody? I'm not sure. There was a dude with gold angel wings. I'm not at all sure what he was doing there. The theater was PACKED. The theaters didn't put it in just the 4 main theaters, they put it in 15 (out of 24) theaters. Even those that were used to midnight showings said that they hadn't seen anything like this before. I'm glad it was my first experience.
The movie was GREAT. There was a great balance of humor and serious plot points. It wasn't as dark as the last couple of movies have been, probably because Harry wasn't really in mortal danger. The movie was really funny! I love Luna Lovegood. Love her! This story was part love story between Ron and Hermione and Harry and Ginny. And there were some very funny moments thanks to a couple of potions. And, as usual, the movie was stunning. I think the creators always do a great job of creating this magical world. In fact, I think this has been my favorite Potter movie so far. I really did love it!
1 comment:
Glad you enjoyed it! I liked it too, but I saw it the next day! Thanks for letting Anna stay over, she had fun!
Post a Comment