I really want to sew right now. I have this great corduroy fabric that I fell in love with in Joann's one day. I went in to check out Christmas decorations and scrapbook stuff and left with fabric. I don't usually buy fabric just randomly like that but all I could think about was making a purse out of it. NOW, keep in mind, I've never MADE a purse. I've only sewn curtains, pillows and seat cushions. Since then, I've been planning in my head what I should do with this fabric. I've know how the purse will look for awhile but I haven't been sure on how to make the handle because I wanted something easy yet unique. I'm thinking that I'll make Anna's American Girl Dolls skirts if there are leftovers--- nothing major with a simple elastic waste band.
Now, what I SHOULD do is pick a closet and clean it out or organize in the office. Maybe a new corduroy purse will help motivate me. But you know what, today is my first day of officially not having a job and I think I want to do something FUN! I think I'm off to SEW. Wish me luck! Hopefully, you'll be able to check out a picture of my new bag later today... or better yet see it in person. :D And hopefully, since I wrote it... it will happen!
2 comments:
You should find centerpieces for your friend who is getting married in 108 days, has an econ project due in 10 hours, a stack of listing paperwork on her desk and can't stop reading your blog!
I want to see! You are so crafty.
Post a Comment