So, its been interesting around the Gonzales house. I haven't been working much. Its a little weird going into work and working. I don't want to get involved in too much at this point so I've just been tying up loose ends. I'm at the point that I know this is a good thing. I'm fine with not working and I think the timing is good. I have to figure out if I'm going to get another job or not or spend time working on the house. But, I know that its my time to leave my boss... and so I'm at peace with it. I have a sense of freedom right now and I like it! I want to do something, I'm just not sure what yet.
Meanwhile, I've been doing some cleaning. My arch nemesis- the laundry- is nearly under control! I may have conquered the laundry beast! Today, I spent the whole day in the office cleaning out scrapbooking supplies and tidying up but have a lot more organizing to do in there so that the room looks a little more polished.
We are going to put the house on the market in April, I hope. We plan to do it ourselves... in the Real Estate world that's called FOR SALE BY OWNER (or FSBO). I know enough about marketing a home at this point to do it on myself so we'll see. Anyone want to buy a home in Mid-town Newport News? haha!
Last week was full of events. Anna was out of school on Monday. Then they predicted a huge snow storm (for VA) for Tuesday and it missed us completely but they cancelled school anyway. We had our normal half day on Wednesday so Anna and I shopped all afternoon. My anniversary was on Thursday, Reed's birthday is tomorrow and Ems birthday is next month so we were trying to find great presents for them. We didn't succeed on our mission for presents! I shopped more on Thursday. We had a quiet night at home since we had a date planned for Friday. Our date was also very low key... nice, quiet and simple...as was the rest of our weekend. Anna is out of school for Monday and Tuesday of this week too and we are just hanging out and cleaning... and organizing... and tossing. We do have plans to have lunch with my friend, Margaret, tomorrow.
I guess that's my update for now. I don't have much else on the books except for cleaning, organizing, tossing with a few paint projects here and there. I just wanted to update all my faithful readers because my last post was such a downer. I'm great... we're great... I'm excited about what the next couple of months bring our way.
1 comment:
Glad you have had some fun with Anna since she has been out of school! I have been organizing closets and such too! Busy, busy!
Post a Comment