In just a few short days, we will begin the new year! How is that possible? I'm not really sure what happened to the time between June and December. It seems as if it's flown by. Let's recap the year:
-Found out I was pregnant last January and also, almost at the same time, that I was no longer pregnant. It was weird and I'm glad it's over but I will forever question a pregnancy test from here on out!
-Helped with an awesome wedding.
-Had a Valentine's Day party and was reminded that my house is too small for that many kids.
-Quit work at the preschool and started babysitting for a couple that works at my church. They are a wonderful family, the sweetest boys and I'm blessed.
-We went to DISNEY WORLD again! We also got to hit up Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Sea World. We had a blast on our mommy-Anna trip!
-Anna did some testing for school. It proves that she's capable of passing a grade in public school. She did VERY well (mostly in the 90+percentile!)
-Reed came home from his deployment. While the USS Carl Vinson was gone, it did lots of interesting things...like things in regards to major terrorists. Pretty cool...even if that is about all I know. Top secret and all.
-Anna and I flew to San Diego to meet Reed. LOVED IT. I got to see a friend for the first time in about 8 or 9 years. Then we went to L.A. to see the sights and go to Disneyland! Who gets to do Disneyland AND Disney World in 1 year? From there, we went to Monterrey/Salinas to visit Reed's family. Did I mention that Reed was sick when he pulled into port? Yeah, I promptly got sick in Salinas at his aunt's house. Good times.
-I got some time off in July so we went to my mom and dad's lake house in NC. We actually got to go with friends over the 4th of July since Tab and Stu were moving. Awesome.
-Anna went to Grandkids' Week at the Lake and Centrikid Camp this summer. Do you know how much it rocks to have 2 weeks off? AWESOME!
-I started a new community group in August. I love those folks! They are amazing! I asked to be in a group with kids this time...ask and you shall receive!
-Anna went back to the Robin Ball Academy of homeschooling. I think I'm going to rename homeschooling that. :D
-I also went from working 2 days a week to 3 and then finally 4!
-I did another wedding for another awesome family!
-Reed came home...NO MORE SHIPS...I hope.
-Anna had her 10th birthday party- a Fiesta- and since Reed was home, he cooked. Awesome. Love having a husband that can do that kind of thing...especially when he's home to do it.
-Reed and I went to Pigeon Forge, TN and Pensacola, FL to get away for a few days and reconnect. We really needed it! We got to see old friends in Florida and relive old memories from our short time there. I flew home and don't think I've stopped moving since then.
-We celebrated Anna's 10th birthday at the pumpkin patch with the Ball babes just as we did last year. I think it's a tradition we'll keep.
-We went to the American Girl Store in DC for our sweet friend, Eden Poteat's birthday. We also hit DC Cupcakes, spent the night, saw a very official motorcade (guns and men in black), and the American History Museum. Lotsa fun!
-Halloween.
-Reed came home for GOOD!
-A Pink Christmas Dance recital and the Hampton Christmas Parade means Christmas is close!
-We had our traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Vickie's house (Stu's mom) and then she invited Anna to spend the night. That meant Reed and I actually got to go Black Friday Shopping together.
-Anna and I went to see a very 'urban' take on the Nutcracker. We enjoyed it but missed the ballet.
-Reed checked into his new assignment- CHESTERFIELD, VA...that's a long ways away, y'all!
-I went with Reed to his Awards Banquet and left before the Christmas Party started. We hear we should've stayed since there were gift bags. Oops. Anna to to spend the night at Ashley's. I'd rather have been with them 2. But, Reed and I turned it into a better night by seeing Sherlock Holmes.
-I learned how to make Baklava thanks to Ashely's grandma! Reed's 1/4 Greek so this makes him happy! I also learned I have quite an ability to ice cookies.
-We went to Christmas Town on my 2nd anniversary of Gastric Bypass. LOVE IT! Busch has always been one of my reasons for having this surgery. Weird? Not being able to do something I love like riding a roller coaster that is practically in my backyard made me sad...and sadder still that Anna had grown to LOVE it and I couldn't go with her.
-Christmas Eve with WATERS EDGE CHURCH. I don't know how they do it. This year, we had musical numbers, American Idol contestants, and upside down paintings that wow your socks off. I love that the place I go to worship is one of THE coolest places around.
-Christmas with my family. Awesome. We're all home. We're all healthy. We're all looking forward to 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment