Monday, December 19, 2011

12/18/2009 to 12/18/2011

I tend to mark this day as a special one.  It's two sweet friends' anniversary.  Last year, I helped with their wedding.  During that, I had to run across a field to deliver a bouquet.  But, what else is momentous about that, and what is important about Dec. 18th?  It also marks an anniversary of my own.  Dec. 18th, 2009 was the day that I had gastric bypass.  Last year, I was able to run across a field, people!  That's not something that would've happened the year before.  We celebrated their reception at Busch Gardens during Christmas Town.  So, it was fitting that the Gonzales' crew went to Christmas Town again today, of all days.  I think Reed is sometimes still blown away by how much I've changed.  I used to be the slow person walking through Busch getting in every one's way.  Now, I'm the person getting stuck behind the slow people.  I'm keeping up with him which is HUGE!  He's always walked at my pace, even when I was smaller when we first go married.  So, it's a good milestone- a good way to mark what has changed in a year!  Love that we can celebrate it at Christmas Town.

With that said, Reed being home consistently for the first time since I've had surgery, I've noticed that I've been putting on the pounds.  I'm cooking and not eating Weight Watcher meals and Lean Cuisines.  I don't cook abnormally unhealthy foods and when I can, I use fat free/reduced fat options.  The problem is in the snacking.  It adds up fast.  And, I know I need to snack but I need to make better choices.  I need to pick the pack of crackers with peanut butter instead of the fruit snacks.  At any rate, I think I'm going back on Weight Watchers to loose what I've gained since he's been home and then I'll move onto maintenance mode.  It will be good for both of us.  I also need to buy batteries for the scale...bad.  I need it to hold me accountable!  I'm still in a really good place and weigh less than I did a year ago, BUT the low I hit this summer was where I'd really like to be and stay!  I know Weight Watchers works for me but I think I'll need to use the old program due to the fact that I can't eat so many veggies or fruits.  I *think* I have an old points calculator around here somewhere...must dig it up!  And, then there's the whole exercise component.  I hate running maybe more that I hate being fat.  Yeah, it's that bad!  But it IS good for me, it's easy to fit in and I can do it anytime I want since we have a treadmill.  *must dust it off*  I also have a Wii Fit and honestly, if I'd just get off my bootay and do it, I'd probably like it.  I need to try the Bob and Jillian workout on it to see if it's enough but at this point, anything is better than nothing. 

So, let's look back...



Dec. 18th  4 a.m.  
I look awesome, right?
 Christmas Town 2010



Christmas Town 2011
Same jacket but it's much more loose in 2011 than 2010.








No comments: