Friday, November 11, 2011

Blogging? Living.

I said I was going to blog more, didn't I?  Well, life has been just a TAD busy.  I would love to be that blogger that plans their blogs out and writes them ahead of time.  That's just not me.  Added to that, October was the busiest month of my life.  That is not even an exaggeration.  It was a crazy month!  It ended with a wedding I planned.  It was great fun but I worked HARD, y'all.  It has caused me to re-evaluate how I do weddings.  It just doesn't work the way I've been doing them.  I need to go back to the way I did Jared and Cathy's wedding or Tim and Desi's.  Anyway, from there, the month got turned on fast forward.  Reed came home a week later.  We had to go to Richmond to pick him up.  The first week was spent buying a car and putting on the finishing touches to Anna's birthday.  Just a few short days after her party, we packed her up and took her to my mom's for 5 days so we could take a road trip.  We stopped in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN.  We love it there!  I have never been to a more military friendly place in my life.  We got discounts everywhere.  Then we drove to FL for Reed to get ready for his recruiting school. I flew out on Sunday back here.  The next day, we headed to the pumpkin patch with the Ball's (Anna's teacher and her daughters) for Anna's birthday.  We did this last year in lieu of our former trip to the school cafeteria with cupcakes.  This tradition is far more pleasant!  The Friday after her birthday, we went to Washington DC with our friends Bethany, Eden and Tae to celebrate Eden's 8th birthday.  The really cool thing is that they ALL had birthdays within a week of each other so it was really like a celebration for all 3 of them.  We went to the American Girl Doll Store and Georgetown Cupcakes then checked into the Navy Lodge for the evening.  The next day, we got to see some of the city, a very official motorcade complete with big guns and guys in black suits and the American History Museum.  The girls were tired so we didn't hang out long but it was a really nice trip.  The following week, I had to stay with my best friend, Ashley for 2 nights because her husband was out of town.  We might have skipped dance because I was too tired at that point!  We had a pumpkin carving party at their house that weekend too...  And, of course, Monday night (the 31st) we had to trick or treat.  Thankfully, November has NOT been as busy because I promptly got sick the week after Halloween.  This past week has been totally, blissfully normal.  Ahhh! 

All that was to say...I've been too busy to blog. 

But, here's what's coming up-
Reed comes home on the 18th!  He will be driving straight here...or we're hoping he can get at least to the lake.
Anna has a dance thing on the 19th.  She's super excited!  The reason Reed is heading straight home is so that he can make it to see her dance.
Thanksgiving!!!
Black Friday!!!  I love me some Black Friday.  And, it looks like I'll get some sleep this year!  Most of the stores are opening on Thursday night or midnight-Friday.  And, there's not a ton out I've seen that I want.  I hope to make it home by 4 a.m. and I'm also hoping that we can get someone to watch Anna so that Reed and I can head out together for a change.  We'll see. 
On Nov. 28th, Reed checks into his new command...in Chesterfield, VA.  We are so excited to be under one roof again but not very excited about the commute.  We'll make it, I know, but it's going to be tough.  Reed is loving recruiting school so we'll see how this all unfolds in the next couple of months.

No comments: