No major projects? So, what am I blogging about my home for? I started cooking again! Now, I do love to cook but with our schedules, it's just been easier to eat frozen meals since Reed's been gone. Plus, it's highly impractical to cook for 2 people. So, I thought I would share a couple recipes with you!
My chili--- It is my most favorite chili in the world and I've been told it's VERY good! It's also super simple....like way simple!
1lb. of ground Turkey (I love to use turkey sausage if I can find it but you can also use ground beef.)
2 cans of kidney beans
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of Italian diced tomatoes
1 can of chili ready tomatoes
1 package of McCormick's chili seasoning.
And...here's how easy this is...brown the meat. While it is browning, dump everything into a pot or crock pot. Add meat (drain if necessary but it's usually NOT with turkey). And you're done. See? I told you it was easy!
Crock pot Chicken and Dumplings:
I found this recipe on one of my most favorite blogs http://www.thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/. She's pretty awesome! Love her blog!
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth (as needed to taste)
1 onion diced (I used onion flakes because I'm like laaaazy...and cheap.)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
4 grands flaky refrigerator biscuits (or 5 which is yummy too!)
Put the chicken, butter, cream of chicken, onion and broth in the crock pot. Cook on low and shred the chicken (or if you're like me and don't cook it all day, cook it on high and stay on top of it!). When the chicken is cooked and all tender and shredded, add your biscuits. Cut them into 1/8 pieces (or smaller if you want). They do grow a little once in the crock so it really depends on how big you want your dumplings. Also, add in the dried parsley at that time. I'm making it again tonight (hello! It's going to be 57 tonight!) and am using fat free soups this time. It's really rich with the full fat soups.
No comments:
Post a Comment