Friday, September 9, 2011

Week 1 down!

School has begun!  Thank goodness...I really need the set routine we have during the school year.  It's a crazy routine---totally insane actually---but the lack of a routine tends to get into a lack of routine at home too which is NOT so good.  This year we will be running all over town on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays just like last year.  Yay! (insert sarcasm)  But, we didn't have any extra week night activities this week so it was so nice!  Next week we'll have tap on Tuesday nights right after leaving work and right before Community Group.  Wednesday nights will be filled with Awana.  And, Thursday nights is ballet. 

Back to school--- The first day was awesome.  The girls were so excited to be together again!!!  They ran to meet Anna in the driveway when we got there!  So fun!  Robin has been very impressed with how much Anna has grown up and to be truthfully honest, so am I.  The past couple of weeks, if she's on her medicine (and oftentimes even when she's not) she has been such a joy to be around.  Her hyperness is subsiding a bit, it seems, and I'm not constantly telling her to settle down.  She's been very dedicated this year thus far which is good for Anna.  Last year, we constantly had to remind her to do her best at all times and it looks like that is becoming a habit for her!  WHEW!  I just hope we can keep it up. 

We were running a bit late so our first day of school routine changed up a bit this year.  I, of course, took pictures and we went to Starbucks for breakfast, as usual, but we weren't able to eat there.  We got it to go so that we could get to Robin's house. 

Here are a couple of first day pictures:




No comments: