It has been a very busy couple of weeks! But, there are a few really cool things going on that I want to share!
- WEC Hampton's Grand Opening is this weekend. Lately, I've been helping out at WEC a bit more to help them get ready. It has kept me on my toes! In fact, I spent about 2.5 hours there today and then shopped all night for the stuff they still need at Hampton. I am beyond excited that our church will be 1 church in 2 locations. The old Riverdale theater no longer looks old. The transformation is amazing! If you're in the area and don't have plans on Saturday, you should come to the grand opening celebration!!
- Reed has been approved to be a recruiter in the Richmond zone. Now, this zone covers a VERY large portion of Virginia and even goes into Maryland. But, thankfully, Yorktown is on the list! Recruiting is a tough job but there are several really good things about it. A) IF he is good at it, he could get promoted off of this gig. I'm hopeful. B) He'll be home every night. C) He will be guaranteed orders. They have put a stop on all PCS orders (meaning they are no longer moving ANYONE) unless it is considered mission essential. Recruiting is. :D There is a school for him to go to and more than likely, they will put him in school whenever they get a date. I'm hopeful that means he's out earlier rather than later as that is what has happened in the past. But, the Navy has to have his replacement ready and unless there is a QM1 in San Diego who needs to go to a ship, he may have to wait until October.
-I kinda quit my job. OK, not kinda. I did. I don't want to say anything bad about the school itself because I think some really nice ladies work there and they truly love the kids. But, I think management lacks there. There have been a few instances this past year where she's showed me a total lack of respect. It is bad enough that she is losing all but 1 teacher or assistant this year. Yes, 5 out of 6 of us teachers have planned to move on after this school year. On the very same day that we found out Yorktown was on the list for recruiting, we also found out that a friend of mine from church (her husband is actually on staff there) needed a sitter 2 days a week. The pay is pretty good for 2 days and keeps me open to do a couple of other things. I can sub at my mom's school. I can watch other kids. I can work on wedding stuff. Those things are currently either impossible OR very difficult due to my lack of time. I am almost giddy that I don't have to go into work much longer.
- Anna and I are going to Washington DC for 2 nights with Ms. Robin, Paige and Maddie. We are very excited. We are staying at the Navy Lodge on base and I can not wait.
- An even bigger vacation is also in the works. We have booked a hotel at Orlando and plan on staying for 7 nights! We are doing 4 days at Disney, 1 day at Universal-Islands of Adventure (IoA), 1 day at Sea World and 1 day at Busch Gardens Tampa. Can you say FUN? Anna and I are both so pumped! Disney offered the military a great deal this year: 4 day hopper pass for $138. Then Sea World and Busch Gardens are both free for us because of the type of Busch Gardens passes we have. So, I'll have to buy IoA tickets for us which aren't too bad through the military. The other day we will either hit a water park or depending on the type of IoA tickets I get, there again. Anna is, I think, the perfect age for this trip. She is all about roller coasters and yet still loves her Tinker Belle and Cinderella.
-
No comments:
Post a Comment