I went back in Saturday for a blood draw and again on Monday for more blood and an appointment. My hormone levels are dropping which at this point, is a good thing! That means I did miscarry. It's good news because that means I won't have to have a procedure, like a DNC, for my body to get back to normal. I have to go back in Friday for another blood draw and then hopefully, the numbers will continue to fall so that we don't have to do anything invasive. I will continue to do blood draws until they are under 5...which seems really far away at the moment. I'm at 1075, or I was on Monday. If you pray, you can pray that my numbers will continue to fall. If I remember correctly, the first miscarriage I had, it took me 4 weeks for the blood work to come back negative...that seems like forever right now...and my numbers never got as high as they did this time.
I'm OK. Really and truly, I'm fine. I've had a few sad moments but really, I feel like God is getting me through this. My friends and family have been great and have helped out when needed. I've gotten amazing care which helps a ton! I'm sure if I didn't feel like I've been taken care of, this situation would be much harder to deal with.
In talking with Kelly, my friend who is a midwife at Langley and has been treating me, she thinks this was just a weird thing that happened. She doesn't think I'll have problems getting pregnant and she doesn't think it was hormone related. The way this all happened is definitely in the "fluke" category. I did ask her about progesterone therapy as many women have had good luck staying pregnant while on it. She said as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test that she would test my progesterone and if it needs to be higher we will certainly go that route next time. That's a relief!
Now...if only it were June and Reed were home...
No comments:
Post a Comment