Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blogging Rut!

I love to blog.  But, I feel like this blog has gotten so boring lately!  There's SO much I want to show you- things I've been working on, parties I've decorated, things coming up in the near future, etc.  But it seems all there is time to do is catch you up on 'life'.  Hopefully, once 'school' starts soon, we'll settle into a routine and and I can go back and show you all the things I've been working on like Anna's room and the guest room.  Both are rooms I really love and I want to show off.  But seriously, there has been NO time.  However, I do need to do an update because quite a few pretty big things have happened!

First, I got a J.O.B.  Yep, I'm going back to the world of the working!  I don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not.  I'm definitely taking it as a year by year thing.  I will be the assistant teacher to the 3's room in the Helen Muir Child Development Center in Wythe.  I worked 2 days last week (without pay!) and will work another 3 days this week (on training! and again, without pay!).  All this before I even meet our class.  So far, I like the people but its been a bit of a hectic road thus far!  This happened during grand kids week at the lake which was supposed to be a nice, relaxing week for me but turned out to be an insane week that was totally busy!

Second, once I got the job, I decided it was time to get Anna out of her school.  That opened up a whole new can of worms!  She did not test into 3rd grade at Hampton Christian and honestly, probably would've even struggled in 2nd grade there.  We looked at some other private schools but felt like she would be in the same situation.  I just couldn't see putting her in 2nd grade again without at least letting her try 3rd grade, especially if she may be able to handle 3rd grade in a public school.  Plus, Anna is already TALL and old for a 3rd grader.  It would put her graduating at 19.5!  That is NOT ideal in my book.  So, at the moment, we are looking at some other options.  There is a home school option on the table and I think, if we can get it worked out, that's what she'll be doing.  I will probably not be her main teacher as I don't think I'm great at that.  I would be supplementing something another lady would be teaching and also working with her girls.  Then there's another school where my friend Angie teaches.  Anna would be in her class.  The sized of the classes are small and Angie is willing to work with her to bring her up to where her other kids are.  They also encourage parent involvement in the class and since I get off at noon, I'd go in and help out in the afternoon.  We're also trying to see if we can pay tuition for Anna to go to York County.  I don't know how likely that is AND it could potentially change every year.  I don't know if I want that for Anna right now.  But, its still an option for us if she can get in.  If all those doors shut, I'm not sure what I'm going to do! I just know that one of those options is meant for her and we will have it figured out soon! 

Third...and last, Reed's going to come home in November!  He didn't make Chief so it will be just for a visit.  Shortly after that, he will deploy.  Yuck. 

I think that's all the news I have!  Hopefully soon, you'll get to see Anna's tween room and the guest room.  And of course, Christmas is coming so there will be crafts.  Oh yes, there will be crafts!  I can't wait to start decorating for the fall!  Can I pull all that stuff out in September?  Please say YES!

No comments: