I know I haven't been writing much. This July may break the record books in terms of how busy we've been. I LOVE it though. I've had something to do every weekend this month. This weekend is my only weekend off this month. Next weekend, we're double booked! The weeks have been a bit of a blur filled with Busch Gardens, Water Country, shopping for a couple of events and Anna's room, hanging out with friends and so much more. We have been to Water Country at least once a week this summer.
Lets start with the the Fourth of July weekend. We went to the lake and had a blast with my family! Unfortunately, my camera died on me so I don't have pictures of our weekend. But, it was a little traumatic for Anna. She had to incidents that could've really hurt her but she didn't let it spoil her weekend. We watched the fireworks from the boat on the 3rd and took part in a boat parade on Sunday morning.
The following weekend, I had a 31 Bags brunch at my house. It was lots of fun and we had a pretty decent turn out. I think I'm in love with 31 Bags if only because they are a Christian company! I can't wait to get my stuff this week. Anyway, I cooked so much that friends came over for lunch later and hung out with us for the afternoon.
The next weekend, we had an engagement party which was tons of fun! I helped my mom clean and cook on Thursday and Friday and the party was Friday night. I was in charge of planning games since the happy couple is super fun! We did a minute to win it sort of game for couples, a scavenger hunt and the toilet paper bride game which was so funny!
This past week, my mom took all 3 girls (Anna, Emma and Taylor) since Tab and Brayden were as Waters Edge Student camp. I hear they had a great time and I know the girls had fun with my mom. Taylor had something called "Safety Town" in the mornings so Anna and Emma went to VBS. Meanwhile, I worked in Anna's room. I emptied it and primed it. And primed it. And primed it. Actually, over the princess mural I painted, there were at least 6 coats. I took a break on Thursday and just hung out. My shoulder was killing me from the painting and I needed a day off before doing the final coat. The final coat went on last night and I made her bed and hung her curtains. Today, I moved her furniture back in, dusted it and decluttered some stuff. We still have a bit left to do but the major stuff is done! It looks AWESOME! I'll post before and after pictures when we get it cleaned up a bit more.
I have no idea what this following week holds except for LOTS of cleaning for next weekend. I have a shower here that I am decorating for and then one of my very best friends is coming to visit! I can't wait to see Brandon, Emmy and their crew! They are staying here and I'm not sure for how long. I'm hoping I can talk them into staying a few days so that we can do some fun stuff like Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.
Keep praying for Reed to make Chief. We'll find out in August, I think. They postponed the meeting to decide who makes Chief so we're expecting the results to come out a week later than normal. We're really hoping that he can come home in October if he gets promoted!
No comments:
Post a Comment