Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hola!

That's how they say "hello" in this part of the country!  :D  I'm in San Diego...waiting for Reed's ship to pull in.  Is it Monday yet?  Anna is still asleep, its quiet and so since I have a few minutes I thought I'd quickly write a blog.

Did I announce that we are officially staying in VA?  Yeah, we decided that a few weeks ago.  Reed made the final call because I think he knows I can't.  I cried when I got off the phone.  This next 2 years will be a test for us but I think we can make it!  We plan on seeing each other as often as possible.  I want to take a trip out in the summer, see the LA sights, do Disneyland, etc.  Then Anna wants to come to Sea World for her birthday.  We have a friend in CA who has a daughter Anna's age named Haleigh.  So, we're trying to work out the details for us to be able to get Haleigh for the weekend and do Sea World with both girls.  Then, we plan to head to Reno for Thanksgiving.  Reed will either meet us there or pick us up on the way.  We hope he can fly home in August, maybe for my birthday, and again at Christmas...at the very least.  So, if you pray, please pray that we will be able to see each other as often as possible.  Not being with him breaks my heart but we don't have much of a choice.  Also, pray that his schedule on his ship allows for him to visit with us as often as possible.  All this means that we will refinance the house and make some much needed changes to it!  YAY!  We also will be getting new neighbors with 2 little GIRLS.  The realtor said that one of them appears to be Anna's age.  Hopefully, we can invest in them and become friends with them!

We're looking at private school for Anna next year.  I need to find a job so I can pay for it (and travel!).  One of the things we're not crazy about where we live is the school Anna is zoned for.  Shortly after we got there, it became a Title 1 school and with Anna's new ADHD diagnosis, we feel its best for her to be in smaller classes.  On top of that we've had some issues with other kids in school and I'm just ready for her to make some good friends!  She has 1 friend who is awesome and we plan on keeping in touch with her but Anna needs to be surrounded by better behaved kids, especially since I'm going to be doing this alone for awhile.

As for me, I feel GREAT!  I'm buying some 16s but I'm solidly in an 18 now.  I'm starting to fit into "normal" people clothes!  I even have a picture to prove it! :D  I'm very close to 100lbs lost since October.  And, I'm a little over 60 since surgery in December.  I ran on the treadmill the other day because Anna dared me to.  I don't remember the last time I ran that long?  Maybe it was the last time I had to run a mile at school?  Seriously, it wasn't long but it was longer than the 5 second dashes I would do from the car to where ever I'm headed in a rain storm.  It even felt good.  I also just recently bought some new clothes!  My tshirts were beginning to fall off of me!  I probably won't spend this much money on clothes again until I get down to like the 10-12 range.  I've been buying pants occasionally if I find a good deal on them but haven't bought much in terms of shirts.  Well, I have a bunch of new shirts...ok, so they're mostly tshirts but that's all I wear anyway.  I got a couple of smaller things at Old Navy since they had 50% off the clearance price the last time I went in there.  Love that!  I got rid of 3 big bags of clothes the other day and I know there's more to get rid of in my closets, which I haven't really touched yet. 
Anyway, here's my picture.  Anna took it at Sea World yesterday!  I still have a long way to go but if you compare this picture to my picture at Anna's birthday...wow!  Now, to get rid of that TUMMY!  It's my biggest issue right now. 


3 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations on the weight loss Toni! Looking GREAT! So Reed's ship is here by now. I hope you are having FUN!

Peapod Four said...

Toni! You look great! Keep up the good work! Glad you guys had a good time with Reed.

dinaweena said...

LOOK AT YOU!!!! You look great, Toni!!