You know how God works. When you need to focus on something in your spiritual life, He will give you plenty of opportunities to work on it. I have been praying a LOT lately and yet, I still have opportunities to pray some more. The message this past Sunday was about prayer. I'm surrounded by opportunities to pray without ceasing.
Money has been TIGHT this month. This is the first full month we've lived ONLY on Reed's pay check. Its not fun. To make matters worse, things in this house are falling apart. We need to charge our air conditioner (do you know how hot it's been?), fix our dishwasher and Reed's car needs new tires...Just LIFE stuff, you know? I've been feeling helpless about it all. I mean, if I get a job now, 2 months before school ends, will I then have to quit in June? I don't want to work to pay a sitter. I want my summer with Anna. And I know that once this house sells, it won't be a problem. Our monthly living expenses will decrease significantly. So, for now, we struggle. I had offered to watch a friend of Anna's this summer so really, we aren't even talking about that much time before I'll have a little extra money...if I can just get to June, we'll be OK. I've been praying. I need a solution. Out of the blue last night, Anna's friend's grandmother called and asked if I would be interested in babysitting until school got out. A friend of hers needs a temporary sitter until a slot opens at a daycare. She knew I was interested in babysitting this summer. I hope to meet the family soon but if we can make this work, its a huge answer to prayer.
The other thing I've been praying about is for Reed to make chief. I know its selfish for me to want to stay here. But, Reed is never home. He works from 6 am to at least 6 pm but usually later. Monday, he got home at 9 and last night, 8:45. Its so frustrating because I know I've been slightly spoiled by his Navy career and his opportunity to be home as much as he has. But, this is almost worse than a deployment. We actually talk MORE when he is deployed via email. When he's home, he spends his time engaging with Anna which is what I want but I'm starting to feel neglected. Sad, but true. And I don't blame Reed. I think its just a phase that his career is going through right now so that he can get to the next step. The next step would not only mean that he would *hopefully* be more available but it would also mean a new set of orders...either here or Florida. We did get a little bit of hopeful news the other day and its kicked my praying into another gear. They will be promoting 14 chiefs which means there will likely be at least 14 openings. Last year, there were 12 NAVY WIDE! They only promoted 2 chiefs to the next level. If they can promote 20-30 guys, Reed might have a good shot! So, I'm praying. Dear friends, please pray too! I want to stay here but more importantly, I need Reed to be more available!
I'm sure there's more I need to be praying about. In fact, I know there are! But, if I list everything...I'm sure this email will come off more as a "God can you give me..." That's the last thing I want is to be one of those people who only asks God for things and to make my life easier. I also am incredibly grateful for all God HAS done for us. I'm grateful that I have an amazing family. I'm grateful that for now, they are close. I'm grateful that God has provided for us since I've been out of a job. I'm grateful for the roof over my head. I'm grateful for an amazing church family and incredibly excited about what God is doing within that family. And, I'm even grateful for the struggles. I know that there is a purpose in them.
2 comments:
I am praying, dear Friend. Love you!
How is it coming??? You can do it Toni!
Post a Comment