I can't believe I haven't blogged since the 1st. WOW. We've been doing the spring break thing. I've had a great time having Anna home. We've been to Busch Gardens three times. Tab called to see if we wanted to go on Thursday but I told her that I think we've done enough Busch for one week. We went on Saturday after I had a crochette class at my house and then again on Sunday after church and again on Wednesday with our friends Katie, Riley and Bailey. I used to babysit Riley when she was a baby so I have a special love for that girl! It was fun to hang out with Katie for the day too because we used to get to chat every day for a few minutes.
On Thursday, I made a HUGE step. I took some of Anna's baby clothes to a consignment shop. Anna has a TON of baby clothes. I mean a TON. When she was little, I worked at Osh Kosh and got an amazing discount. I remember walking out of the store with bags full of clothes for less than $50. A lot of her clothes still look great even though they've been through 3 girls (Anna, Emma and Taylor). I've had a really hard time getting rid of them. The plan was for us to leave them all here with Tab and have her take them to the consignment store because I really just didn't think I could do it. Well, I did it. With me not working, it just made sense to consign them now. I have tons left to consign too. I didn't even touch what is in the attic and I'm sure that once Tab has a chance to go through clothes again, she'll find more I can sell.
Today, we had a playdate with some more old friends and then we ran some errands. It was one of those perfect spring days that you wish could happen all the time. Really, it was a lovely day. Anna got to play outside with her friend, which is not something she does often here. She hates playing by herself outside and really I can't blame her. She has no friends in this neighborhood so its been really hard on her. They rode scooters and visited with some new kittens.
The rest of the weekend will be consumed with Easter activities. Anna and Reed will die eggs tomorrow. I'll get Anna's Easter basket ready and Bray, Em and Tay's treats. I'll get our clothes all ready for Sunday. I'll need to work on some desserts for lunch at my mom's on Sunday after church. Speaking of church... Waters Edge is doing an Egg Drop! Yes, 30,000 eggs will be dropped out of a helocopter at the Ferguson Center for the Arts. I hope Anna gets some eggs this year. We're going to the first of 2 at 8:30...meaning we need to be there by 8. With an Easter basket and extra beautification happening that morning , it will be an early morning.
Anna is off on Monday. We may do Busch again, just the 2 of us. There will also be some cleaning involved. Then its back to the grindstone on Tuesday...for her anyway. I have a couple of sewing projects that I want to get started on. We will be finished with hosting Community Group at our house soon and once we are done, we will be working hard on this house. I'm excited to get it on the market in June! Reed is going to take some leave soon so we can get some of the bigger tasks done. At anyrate, I should be blogging more once things return to "normal".
No comments:
Post a Comment