Saturday, June 11, 2011

It's the end of the world as I know it...

Until September anyway.

School ended on Friday.  It has been a FANTASTIC year for Anna.  She has had such a hard time with school up until this year.  Homeschooling and Ms. Robin have been a God send!  I am so very thankful for Robin.  Anna loves to read now.  Loves it.  I love that.  She will read out loud which she would not do before unless she was forced to.  Also, she's doing some of the math that Brayden is doing in 4th grade.  How cool is that?  She did her first research project on Lewis and Clark this past month and her presentation was Friday morning.  Here are a few pictures.
Thomas Jefferson and Lewis discussing exploration.
This is Sacagawea and her husband, the Canadian Fur trapper.  Apparently, he was a wimp.  Anna was NOT impressed.



Henry Hudson, The Puppet Master and Magellan (aka- Maddie, Anna and Paige)


And, while we're looking at pictures...Let's look back at Anna's first day of school picture.  Robin has been telling me how much Anna has matured this year.  Here's the proof!
Sept. 2010
June 2011


Didn't she grow up this year?  WOW!

OK, one last set of pictures... Dance recital.  We tried a new school this year and I'm glad we did.  Anna grew a TON at Absolute Dance.  We had a rough start there because there were some issues with her ballet class initially.  We got her moved and all was well after that.  I'm not sure if she'll be back at Absolute Dance next year or if we'll try somewhere else.  It was a good experience in the long run but dealing with traffic on 17 is a BEAR and one I'd love to avoid!  Plus, there's NOTHING for me to do there.  We added tap this year as in previous years, she only took ballet.  She LOVES tap.  I think if she could tap everywhere instead of walk, she would.  She was one of the younger ones in her tap class BUT Anna is the kind of kid who does well when challenged.  She did great in tap.  I mean REALLY good.  Anyway, here are 2 pictures from her recital tonight.
Watermark
Orange Colored Sky


So, that's it!  Let's hope life settles down a bit now. 

No comments: