So, I know I haven't written on here in ages! We've been very busy and I have a post half written but it's taking forever to upload pictures so there it sits! So, lets quickly recap!
First we had Anna's birthday! She had a great day! We had a girl's night out party. It started off with shopping at 5 Below and then the girls had pedicures. They had a great time!!! Then we went to my mom's for dinner, cake and presents! It was the BEST night for Anna! All of her very best buddies were there. Since her birthday was actually on a Monday, we had her party on the previous Friday. On her actual birthday we went to the pumpkin patch with the girls she home schools with. We had a great time! We picked out pumpkins and then went to Yankee candle to hang out for a bit. The girls did a fall scavenger hunt while there and got candy as a prize. Anna and I went out to dinner afterwards.
Just 10 days later, Reed came home for 3 weeks! It was a wonderful 3 weeks and went far too fast. We went on a family date, a Toni and Reed date and a Reed and Anna date. We also went to DC. Unfortunately, it rained almost nonstop the whole day we were there. So, the highlight of our day was when we made it to the Georgetown Cupcakes where they film DC Cupcakes for TLC. While there, we actually met the DC Cupcake girls!!!! It was a huge treat to meet them. We surprised Anna with this leg of our trip. She loves her cake shows and DC Cupcakes is one of her favorites! She didn't figure out where we were going until we got almost there. She was so funny when she figured it out! She said "Wait a minute! You made me wear my cupcake t-shirt and we're in DC! I know where we're going!" We had no idea they would be there. They had either just finished filming for the day or they were about to start filming. It was one of the coolest things we've ever gotten to do as a family! We also got to go to the recording of WEC's live CD, spend Halloween together, carved pumpkins together, went to Halloscream together, had our own Christmas and even a mini-Thanksgiving with my mom and dad. We packed a TON of quality time into our short time together. Not a lot got done around the house but that wasn't important to either of us this past trip home.
Reed left the weekend before Thanksgiving. And so, the holidays activities picked up almost as soon as he left! Anna had her Pink Christmas dance where she got to perform a ballet to Silent Night and a tap dance to Reindeer Don't Like to Fly. We were there ALL DAY it seemed. Ashley and Robert went to the early show with me and my mom and dad went to the late show while I helped out backstage. Then, Anna and I went to the lake for Thanksgiving. It was our very first Thanksgiving at the Lake. It was extremely relaxing! I loved being there that day! I left early and headed home to shop. I shopped from 10 pm to 10am! I started at the outlets with friends, then hit Walmart, Kohl's, Target, Best Buy, Old Navy and Michael's to shop for a wedding. At that point, I was giddy with being up all night but I had a blast! And, it seems that we've been GO, GO, GO since then! In addition to all the "normal" stuff, I've also had tons of wedding stuff to work on.
So, that's your update! Hopefully, I'll do better at keeping you updated! Look for some really cool wedding things coming up from me! I've got one this weekend, 1 next month and then my first paid wedding in May! WOOHOO! Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment