Monday, October 4, 2010

A little of this...and a little of that!

I can't believe its the start of a new month already...and its October already!  How does time fly like that? 

When school started, Anna started going to Ms. Robin's for school.  Having a private tutor for homeschooling is truly the best of both worlds!  It has been AMAZING for Anna!  She's been able to talk through her learning which she is not able to do in public school.  She's made 2 wonderful friends and they all love each other unconditionally.  Robin is so very patient with Anna.  We've had issues with ADHD meds and I'm so grateful that I have another mother there to watch how she reacts to the new meds.  So far, other than her lack of appetite, they seem to be ok.  They've already been on 1 field trip and are going on another one on Wednesday.


If you ask Anna about homeschooling, she says she loves it.  She will talk about the tire swing in the back yard, the field trips, the woods behind the house and the fairy garden.  But, this is actually only a small portion of their day.  She IS learning a lot.  And, she loves school again.  She says she always wants to be home schooled.

We went to the lake with some friends a few weeks ago.  We had a great time!  The water was pretty chilly but it was nice outside.  We took a boat ride, tubed, had a campfire and just went swimming.  I even knee boarded for the first time in over 10 years!







I have my first paid wedding on the books!  I'm so excited!!!!!!  Its for a friend of mine from church.  We were in Community Group together a few years ago.  I'm decorating for some friends in December and I'm doing my last "free" wedding for another friend at church.  Its keeping me busy.  I'm currently working on a NAME so if you have any ideas, let me know.  Then I can file for my small business license and work on getting paid!!  WOOT!

Reed will be home on Oct. 28th and he'll be here until Nov. 18th.  I was able to take off 2 days in a row from work so we can hopefully head out of town for a few days as a family.  I can't wait to see him!!!  After this time home, he will deploy (I don't even have the exact date!) and we won't see him again until May or June. 

Weight loss has slowed down but I'm still losing!  I'll take it.  I finally weigh less than than Reed!  I honestly didn't know if that would happen.  I'd like to lose about 10-15 more pounds and I'd be totally happy.  We'll see if that happens.  I'm not going to sweat it if I don't.  I had hoped to get down to a size 12 which I am but would obviously love to be a size 10.  Here's a picture of me on the first day of school.  I've lost about 4-5 pounds since then.

No comments: